Apply for this jobSogeti is a leading provider of professional technology services, specializing in Application Management, Infrastructure Management and High-Tech Engineering. Sogeti offers cutting-edge solutions around Testing, Business Intelligence, Mobility, Cloud and Security, combining world class methodologies and the global delivery model, Rightshore®. Sogeti brings together more than 20,000 professionals in 15 countries and is present in over 100 locations in Europe, the US and India. Sogeti is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cap Gemini S.A., listed on the Paris Stock Exchange.
At Sogeti USA, we are committed to building a long and enduring relationship with our employees and to creating an environment that rewards and empowers. Our mission is to constantly exceed our employees' expectations in the same way that we strive to exceed our clients' expectations. We offer an environment that celebrates innovation and helps you to achieve a good balance between your professional and personal life. We strive to be an employer of choice!
What You-ll Do
The Data Analyst will engage in oversight into business conditions derived from unified data analysis by way of standardization of business vocabularies and data dictionaries across data sources.
- Identify data-related business problems, pain points, and root cause(s)
- Organize and lead sessions to collect requirements and develop the scope
- Build business case based on input from stakeholders/process owners; workflows/data models; suggested solutions; and business requirements
- Document data models, data flows, and business processes
- Analyze business requirements and identify data elements and functionality to support them.
- Draft initial/suggested solutions and designs; including KPIs and monitoring.
- Understand data profiling techniques and be able to expertly operate any and all data profiling tools that Client may use or acquire, e.g. SQL queries, DataFlux, Informatica Data Explorer, etc.
- Define data quality rules and boundary conditions for master data.
- Work with Data Owners for refinement and acceptance.
- Codify data quality rules into applications and data quality or other rules engines
- Define, establish, develop/implement and monitor data quality indicators
- Define and develop notification policies for out of bounds quality conditions.
- Ensure standardized business vocabularies and data dictionaries across data sources
- Finalize solutions and designs and activities and effort for implementation.
- Facilitate resolution of out of bounds quality conditions to ensure data quality
- Escalate and resolve data quality issues
- Create and execute Dataset Management Plans for master data elements
Data Analysts must have an understanding of MDM and DQM, and LOB processes. These liaisons work with business data owners to ensure that data quality is defined, maintained to that -Quality Level Agreement- and improved over time. Data Analysts must have the experience and training necessary to have gained the following skills and competencies:
- Business and system analysis
- Design fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of project management / PLMP.
- Knowledge of business processes.
- Must be able to represent the Enterprise Data Governance organization as a key subject matter expert and resource for Master data management.
- Ability to set up data governance practice to
- Proactively respond business challenges
- Exploit new opportunities and mitigate potential risks
- Enable automated review and analysis of data landscape Extensive experience with data profiling concepts and tools such as:
- InformaticaData Explorer
- SQLServer SQL Profiler
- BusinessObjects Data Insight
- Proven Experience with ETL and Business Intelligence Reporting Tools such as:
- Extensive experience documenting Data Standards including data domains, validation rules, data dependencies and source to target mappings.
- Ability to design reports for Data Analysis to
- Discoverunder-utilized Objects
- Discovermisuse of Data Definition
- Discoverviolation of business rules defined
- Knowledge of Enterprise Application integration, whether SOA, EAI or EII.
- High level understanding of XML schema and database structures, theories, principles and practices and development methodologies (e.g. RUP, UML).
- Working knowledge of SOA frameworks, including:
- Canonicalstructures/XML schemas
- Serviceand method definition
- Serviceregistries and buses
- Businessprocess orchestration
- Knowledge of Data Migration Tools such as:
- InformaticaPower Center
- SQLServer Integration Services
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Microsoft Excel knowledge to include pivot tables, graphs and presentation layers.
- Experience designing end to end maintenance and storage strategies for corporate reference data.
The benefits our employees enjoy:
- 401(k) Savings Plan- Matched150% up to 6%. (Our 401k is in the top 1% of 401(k) plans offered in theUS!)
- Medical/Prescription/Dental/VisionCoverage- Employees pay no premiums!
- Bonus Program that pays up to$20,000! Sogeti is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.Apply for this job