On The Move Services, Inc (OTM) has an immediate opening in our residential crating and packaging division. We are looking for someone with basic carpentry skills. Fluent in English and Spanish is a plus. We will provide training to build custom crates, package and prepare high-value items at our customers' homes to later be moved by professional movers in the relocation industry, assemble and disassemble complex items such as fitness equipment and swing sets and support daily production and other activities in our operation. This is a great opportunity for a hardworking individual who wants to be part of a team committed to doing whatever it takes to meet customers demands and company production goals.
Full-time employment position available with overtime.Requirements:
- The job requires the ability to perform basic carpentry, and safe operation and knowledge of power tools, including nail guns and table saws, handling challenging situations, lifting heavy items 50+ pounds, good interaction with customers, and communicate effectively.
- This position will additionally require safe driving skills and valid driver’s license.
- Crating experience, Shrink wrapping, furniture assembly and moving experience is a plus.
- High school diploma and some related experience or general technical training or know-how are preferred.
- Training will be provided in the safe use of all tools and equipment.
- This position requires flexible scheduling, overtime, and occasional Saturday hours. In addition, drivers license verification, a background check, pre-employment drug test and physical are required.
- Health Insurance.
- Paid time off.