The RF Engineer required for this position will responsible for contributing in the RF Regulatory of the regional wireless network. This include working on all regulatory related task to obtain construction and in-service approval for various project types.
Prior experience on clientsregulatory filing processes and tools relevant to regulatory work is essential and highly preferred to perform duties for this position.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Review design configuration in Siterra/FUZE; Review final RFDS for accuracy and matched as per Construction document.
• Ensure antennas / power / losses are setup correctly in Atoll, then complete all additional tasks in Siterra for regulatory submission, ensure antennas are “linked” in Siterra. And proper call signs are attached/ populated.
• In Atoll, Change cell version to 0002 to sync with Siterra for regulatory purposes (ERP/ EIRP) - (2 Days)
• Border coordination – coordinate with VZW RF engineer
• Support field strength agreements, extension agreements and upload into workflow tool.
• Generate field strength plot for various bands as per project needs. Coordinate and communicate with competitive wireless service providers to obtain agreement or resolution based on propagation plots.
• Generate necessary plots for license renewal; work on all deliverables and submit to regional leadership for certification process ahead of deadline.
• Work on quarterly RF audit being submitted to HQ for compliance; Work with Construction and microwave team to submit their deliverables once/ year to HQ.
• Review the Real Estate forms/documents and ensure accuracy for submission; Make sure all inputs are aligned and correct as per various documents and databases.
• If any pre-EME studies are needed for non-tower structures, work with the RF lead / Regulatory team to order the pre-EME study through 3rd party vendor.
• Once Pre-EME is received, forward any mitigation information to the implementation team/vendors and obtain confirmation of mitigation completed through pictures from them. Upload the pre-EME and pictures to the Site Folders. Regulatory team to upload the same information to Ops tracker.
• Complete tasks in Siterra to submit for Regulatory Construction Approval and Regulatory In-service Approval.
• Work with HQ and Regional Regulatory teams to ensure the submissions are approved.
• Ensure that all critical projects are being worked and submitted in time for construction and in-service approval. Work on daily or weekly basis with regulatory PM to capture all critical projects which require regulatory filing to be ahead of build plan.
• Update the tracker to ensure all information is captured accurately.
• Conduct RFE analysis, generate required reports and documents, and ensure 100% compliance to RFE mitigation standards within the allotted time frame. For bulk review, use in-house tool to populate data and submit to HQ for regulatory approvals
• For all non-tower structures, on the day the project is put in service, work with Regional Regulatory team to order Post EME study for all non-tower structures where pre-EME was ordered.
• Once post EME is received, send to implementation team to get any additional mitigation at might be needed to have the site in compliance is completed.
• A. Obtain picture confirmation of the mitigation completed to ensure we are in compliance.
• B. Upload the post-EME documents and picture confirmation of any additional mitigation and upload it to the site folders.
• C. On behalf of regulatory team, upload those same documents to the Ops tracker.
• D. Update the tracker to show the details.
• Steps A - D need to be completed within 45 days of project being put in-service.
• Ensure 100% regulatory requirements are met in every phase of design project.
PERSONAL QUALITIES DESIRED:
• Personal integrity
• With initial guidance, ability to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision
• Attention to detail
• Works well with others in a team environment
• Excellent communication skills- written and verbal
• Goal-oriented / mission focused
• “Can-do” attitude
• Superior organizational and project planning skills
• Ability to demonstrate strong research and analytical skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
• Proficiency in computer-based software.
TOOLS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Siterra/FUZE SPM
• MapInfo (thematic map creation), table edit etc
• Microsoft Office suite of products (advanced experience level) with emphasis on Excel based data manipulation is absolutely essential to job function.
• Google Earth / .kml creation/ data import
• FCC ASR and ULS databases
• Actix, Windcatcher
• Tableau, alteryx for data analytics and visual forms
• Ericsson performance tools (LTE)
• VBA (macro creation)
• Roofview (roof modeling tool)
• RFE CAT tool (internal)
• Test equipment such as network analyzers and spectrum analyzers
• Site Traker (project tracking tool)
• 4G network design and implementation.
• Tasks and knowledge related to: antennas, RF engineering, transmission, reception, and propagation.
• Firm understanding of band performance capabilities and limitations.
• Demonstrated understanding of LTE KPI’s and impacts of design on them.
• Planning factors for data and VoLTE.
• Firm understanding of Regulatory processes and needs.
• Frequency planning / de-confliction.
• Different types of losses and mitigation techniques.
• Methods to calculate antenna gain and free space path loss.
• The effects of outdoor terrain and indoor structures such as walls, floors, and ceilings on signal propagation.
• Understanding and use of topographical maps and digital terrain databases.
• Antenna system design and use including antenna types (examples might include Hex/Octo port panel, cross-pol array, etc.), antenna patterns, gain and EIRP, ERP, antenna size, antenna polarization, receive and transmit diversity, MIMO antenna systems, and proper antenna installation to provide for coverage and interference mitigation.
• Macro site design considerations in urban, sub-urban, and rural environments.
• Small cell design considerations in urban and sub-urban environments.
BS in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry. General understanding and or working knowledge in applications built in UNIX, Windows, MS Office Wireless data service in LTE. Should have a good understanding of engineering concepts, and must show aptitude and desire to learn and advance in a technical field. Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access. Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience relevant to job duties and function with hands-on experience on above mentioned tools.