Analyzes design for assigned MEP conversions to create workable models and ensure constructability. Checks for quality and accuracy of models, extracts quantities, clash detection and resolution, analyzes scheduling cost, resolves workforce conflicts and creates documentation and representations. Must be able to translate 2D drawings and specifications into a complete 3D/4D/5D building information models. Must have knowledge of BIM related platforms such as AutoCAD MEP and Revit! Requires 4-year degree and a minimum of 1 years relevant experience or equivalent related experience. Demonstrates high level of MEP system knowledge, construction techniques and special awareness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead coordination effort for company; direct CAD Drafter I / II as needed. Attend coordination meetings.
- Complete understanding of job specs, schedule, and construction sequencing.
- Labeling , dimensioning, and printing of drawings; Placing of Trimble points.
- Provide assistance in creating, updating and maintaining libraries of equipment and fittings for CADD system.
- Maintain and file all sketches and drawings by name‑number‑location.
- Provide detailed shop drawings as required of duct and piping for complete project, with time frames provided by project manager or department manager.
- Provide piping assembly drawings for Pipe Fab Shop, Sheet Metal Shop and/or Prefabrication Shops.
- Learn all necessary information regarding mechanical installations that will apply to CADD systems.
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Makes any adjustments or changes necessary or desired.
- Draws charts for representation of statistical data.
- Draws finished designs from sketches.
- Uses computer assisted drafting and design (CADD) equipment and software – Revit, AutoCAD MEP.