The mission of Laramie County Community College is to transform our students' lives through the power of inspired learning. Our over-arching goal is that our accomplishments as a community college will distinguish LCCC from others in the nation, in turn benefiting our communities and bringing pride to the Great State of Wyoming. Our core values include Passion, Authenticity, and the Desire to Make a Difference.
A copy of official/unofficial transcripts are required in order to be considered for this position. You can upload these documents when you create your applicant profile.
The Health Information Technology and Management (HITM) adjunct faculty member is responsible for the coordination, planning, presentation, and evaluation of course instruction and related activities. The adjunct faculty member is responsible for performing assigned duties online. At a minimum, the related activities include instruction; and participating in local, state, regional, and national professional activities and organizations. An adjunct faculty member performs all other duties as directed by the Division Dean, Vice President of Instruction, or the President or designee.
Starting Date: Fall, 2018.
Compensation: $700 per credit hour.
- Coordinates, plans, organizes, and instructs courses as needed and assigned by the Program Director
• Teaches assigned classes as per course and final exam schedule and meets required contact hours, unless permission to deviate has been approved by appropriate supervisor to accommodate student needs
• Actively incorporates current subject matter expertise into teaching
• Actively participates in program / curriculum development and review, decisions about course offerings, and student learning outcomes initiatives as a contributing team member of the program, department, college, and state
• Teaches classes according to the approved Master Course Outline of Record (MCOR)
• Provides a current course syllabus for each course taught to the appropriate supervisor
• Returns graded assignments in a timely fashion and provides ongoing feedback regarding course grade
• Responds to student communication in a timely fashion
• Participates in the course, program and institutional level assessment cycle of student learning for college data collection and continuous improvement as appropriate
• Maintains necessary educational credentials and professional skills appropriate to the facilitation of learning and teaching assignment
- Participate in biweekly HITM team meetings
- Help prepare program for accreditation
- Assists in developing long term working relationships with businesses and industries and responds to job opening requests by sending appropriate resumes to employers as well as job openings to students.
- Regularly communicates with online students and actively participate in functions to be visible to the students and develop relationships with them for better communication on campus and after they leave the program
An employee in this position may perform some of these responsibilities on an frequent basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate professional knowledge of discipline and changes in the field
• Apply appropriate teaching techniques and methods in classroom and/or online instruction
• Promote student retention
• Display a professional demeanor and exhibit good work ethic
• Establish a student-instructor relationship conducive to learning and promote active involvement of students in learning activities
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Teach course content that is consistent with the official course outline of record and use pertinent course materials at an appropriate level
• Demonstrate collaboration, cooperation and sensitivity in working with colleagues and staff.
- While performing the essential duties of this position, an employee would frequently be required to move around the assigned work space as well as within hallways, meeting rooms, and other parts of the campus facilities.
• There may be multiple/daily instances of prolonged personal computer use which would include keyboard and/or mouse usage as well as viewing a computer monitor.
• An employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds to perform essential position functions.
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• The overall work environment requires the mental ability to shift focal point quickly due to interruptions; an employee must be able to mentally track multiple projects and tasking as well.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, there may be unexpected instances of somewhat loud sounds.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in field, or-related field
- Five or more years of experience in health information management or related field
- Must be a certified coder (AHIMA or AAPC)
- Two or more years of teaching experience in an online environment
LCCC DOES NOT SPONSOR H1B VISAS.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is committed to providing a safe and nondiscriminatory educational and employment environment. The college does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or other status protected by law. Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The college does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic or other programs or in the context of employment.
The College has a designated person to monitor compliance and to answer any questions regarding the college’s non-discrimination policies: Please contact: Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Room 205B, Pathfinder Building, 1400 E College Drive, Cheyenne, WY 82007, 307-778-1217,TitleIX_ADA.Coordinator@lccc.wy.edu.