Performs oral patient examination for medical and dental diseases. Includes dental examination Intra/extra-oral soft tissue and diagnosis of pathology. Determines services needed and establishes plan of treatment. Determines appropriate dental services and treatment alternatives and discusses with patients. Supervises and manages of dental department.
- Attends and actively participates in all meetings (e.g., department meetings, program meetings, employee staff meetings) and other activities as required or assigned.
- Attends workshops/seminars as necessary to increase skills and knowledge to provide effective care, treatment, and/or leadership.
- Supports the overall needs of the health center by working flexible or extended hours when necessary.
- Supports the needs of the health center by traveling to other UHC health centers when department need dictate.
- Demonstrates awareness of, and compliance with, organizational mission and objective of UHC to provide health care access and support services for all members of the community.
- Supports their own staff development by completing the required hours of continuing education each year.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally either verbally or in writing.
- Maintains confidentiality and respect for information regarding patients and other team members; abides by UHC Rules of Confidentiality and general HIPAA regulations regarding privacy.
- Displays a positive, professional and respectful demeanor at all times toward employees, peers, professional contacts, and patients served, maintaining a professional appearance and positive image for the health centers.
- Contributes to the team by promoting positive staff interaction, maintains open communication with other programs/departments.
- Graduation from an accredited dental School.
- Current CA Dental License
- Current DEA License.
- Possess a valid CA driver’s license.
- One year prior practice experience required.
- Must have radiographs review and diagnosis of pathology.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds and push up to 50 pounds (on wheels).
- Must be able to hear staff on the phone and those who are served in-person, and speak clearly in order to communicate information to patients and staff.
- Must be able to read memos, computer screens, personnel forms and clinical and administrative documents.
- Must have high manual dexterity.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time at workstation.
- Must be able to reach above the shoulder level to work, must be able to bend, squat and sit, stand, stoop, crouch, reach, kneel, twist/turn