- Anchorage, AK
- HCA, Hospital Corporation of America
Apply for this job
Alaska Regional's1,000 employees and medical staff of more than 700 independent practitioners are known for their expertise, compassion and skills - proving that bigger is not always better. As the only non-medical hospital in the state with its own landing strip, patients and families from throughout our state look to Alaska Regional for critical care. The 250-bed hospital is also recognized for outstanding quality performance, patient-centered culture, excellent clinical outcomes and cutting-edge technology.
Alaska Regional is part ofHCA's networkof more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country - offering employees the opportunity for travel and relocation.HCA and Alaska Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
*Certified Nursing Assistant - Patient Sitter**
*Type of Employment: Full Time*
*Work Schedule: Nights (with rotating weekends off)*
The Certified Nursing Assistant works under the supervision of a nurse. The Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
* Bathes, dresses/undresses patients, and assists with other personal hygiene needs
* Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
* Transports, positions, and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
* Assists patients in ambulating.
* Takes and records vital signs, weights, and I & O.
* Performs non sterile dressing changes.
* Passes and collects bed pans.
* Changes bed linens.
* Provides encouragement, support, and comfort to patients and family members.
* Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
*EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:*
* Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program.
* Certification as a Nurse Assistant (required)
* American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
* Working knowledge of medical terminology (preferred)
* 6 months experience in acute care setting (preferred)
**Job:** **Nursing Support*
**Location:** *Alaska-Anchorage-Alaska Regional Hospital*
**Requisition ID:** *01406-6481*
Apply for this job