LOCATION: SIDNEY, OHIO
Supervises: Interns, Volunteers
Status: Full-Time, Nonexempt
Schedule: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. Occasional work outside of these hours may be required.
- Function: With a framework of Christ-centered transformation, the Social Ministries Manager coordinates all Social Ministries programing offered at The Salvation Army Sidney, OH Corps, including emergency assistance and Pathway of Hope. Pathway of Hope (POH) is an innovative, holistic, client-centered approach for helping families break cycles of intergenerational and chronic poverty and achieve goals through intensive case management and experiences in flourishing, supportive relationships. The Social Ministries Manager focuses on direct service provision and oversight, outreach, cultivating deep relationships, engaging in community discussions and planning and partnering with other community resources.
- Manage and staff all emergency assistance programming, such as rent, utilities, food, furnishings, etc.
- Coordinate acquisition of food pantry and any other feeding programs.
- ensure that the food pantry is organized and clean.
- Assist with preparation of funding proposals as needed and requested.
- ensure that programs are delivered according to the standards and policies of The Salvation Army's National Social Service Standards.
- Track/report statistics for internal Salvation Army purposes and various funders.
- Represent The Salvation Army at community meetings as requested.
- Assist with coordination and implementation of any seasonal programming, including but not limited to Christmas assistance and summer camp.
- supervise and mentor interns.
- Recruit, train and mentor volunteers.
Pathway of Hope:
- Provide services to the client family via the case management steps.
- Identify, assess and enroll clients per POH Eligibility Criteria procedures.
- Meet with the client for 1-2 hours per session, weekly or bi-weekly over 6-18 months to follow the goal plan.
- Meet and assess upon case management Exit and post-Exit Follow-Up sessions, per procedures.
- Introduce Pastoral Care that is available to the family at the Corps; follow procedures if the family is interested.
- Assist and teach within the case manager's scope, and refer out when appropriate, for life skill development.
- Includes job readiness and job search, educational advancement, parenting, budgeting and finances, cooking and nutrition, conflict management, substance abuse awareness and self-advocacy.
- Ensure clients have access to health and human services.
- Includes all Salvation Army internal provisions and services that are available.
- Includes external agency referrals for housing, health-care, mental health services, legal, childcare, non-cash benefits and other resources as needed.
- Enable clients to enhance their social support systems.
- Including community activities and organizations, their children's schools and faith communities.
- Maintain a case record accurately and timely in ServicePoint database system.
- Social History
- Action Plan
- Progress Notes
- Other documentation as needed
- Track statistics and contingency fund uses.
- Prepare a monthly report per the agency's National Statistic System (NSS) procedures.
- Record funding uses per NEOSA's procedures.
- Collaborate with the Divisional POH regional coordinator and fellow POH case managers.
- Attend monthly case manager meetings, providing reports as requested.
- Meet with divisional POH regional coordinator at the corps or via telephone to discuss case direction and documentation requirements.
1. Bachelor in Social Work, Licensed Social Worker strongly preferred. Related degrees will be considered.
2. Experience and/or strong interest in community outreach, organization and community capacity development.
3. Must have an interest and ability to work with people and clients of diverse racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds in a sensitive and culturally appropriate manner.
4. Ability to collaborate on complex social issues within families and communities.
5. Ability to obtain and maintain driving privileges per The Salvation Army insurance standards.