Trylon specializes in developing, supplying and building wireless networks and electrical distribution across North America.
With 80 years of experience, in both the U.S. and Canada, we have a proven track record for delivering innovative solutions and complete end?to?end project management and execution for our clients.
We currently have a need for Tower Inspectors. Tower Inspectors are responsible for performing modification inspections, tower mappings, antenna audits, tower maintenance inspections, roof top mappings/inspections and due diligence site walks for the purpose of installing, repairing, building and maintaining various telecommunications equipment. Tower Inspectors work work outdoors in all weather conditions as part of a two-person crew with little or no supervision.
Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work in compliance with all relevant safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Ensure proper use of personal safety equipment by performing required inspections and maintenance
- Climb telecommunication tower structures of up to 500 feet tall to perform structural mappings and maintenance and construction inspections.
- Conduct on-site visual and hands-on inspections of tower modifications.
- Review construction inspections and other similar documentation provided by the General Contractor (GC) for conformance to the contract documents and applicable client standards
- Perform tower structural mappings, inventory mappings, maintenance inspections and site audits
- Prepare drawings and field sketches in addition to reports that detail inspection results
- Develop working knowledge and understanding of codes and standards relating telecommunication structures.
- High school diploma plus five years? related experience. Ability to read and understand blue prints, structural and architectural specifications and design drawings related to telecommunications, commercial and residential design.
- Able and willing to travel extensively throughout country to work sites
- Able and willing to work at heights of up to 500 feet
- Able to frequently kneel, stoop and crouch as well as lift or exert force up to 75 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, contractors and clients or their representatives
- Experience with Microsoft Work and Excel
- Must possess valid driver?s licence and clean driving record
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- possess an Associate?s or Bachelor?s engineering (civil or structural) degree
- have experience with metal inspection or structural steel
- have experience working at heights
- have knowledge of bolted and welded connections, tower hardware and components and tower construction and reinforcement/erection.
- possess First Aid and CPR certification
Shift: Days - some overtime may be required
Wages & Benefits:
Tower Inspector Wage: $20 to $22.00 per hour plus per diem for overnight travel
If you thrive in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment and want to be part of a team that is committed to safety, respect, and innovation, we would like to hear from you.
Trylon Inc is a company dedicated to diversity, inclusion and accessibility in workplace. Please reach out to our recruitment team to discuss any accommodation needs that you may require during the hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 /hour
- working at heights: 1 year (Required)