NAVISTAR (formerly IC Bus Plant) is hiring a Maintenance Mechanic Senior starting at $30.00 with a $.65 shift differential your first raise at 3 months.
Benefits start on DAY ONE!! After 1 years of employment, your hourly rate will be $31.17 + $.65 shift differential
Hours: Monday- Thursday 3pm-1:30am
Your role will be to perform all maintenance on the facility such as electrical wiring, and needs to know basic safety requirements relating to hazardous materials.
Electrical experience is a MUST, Manufacturing experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least five years of manufacturing maintenance experience servicing production related equipment
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Moderate lifting and carrying 15-44 pounds
- Use of fingers, both hands, reaching and working above shoulders
- Depth perception required
- Able to walk, stand, crawl, climb, kneel, bend up to 10 hours per day
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to read and specify the needed parts for equipment or process failures
- Desired Electrical or Maintenance Journeyman license
- Associates Degree or Certificate in Industrial Maintenance
- At least three years of manufacturing electrical experience servicing production related electrical systems and equipment
- At least three years of experience in troubleshooting, installing and repairing production equipment, welding, robotic technology, VFDs, conduit, electrical panels, power/control wire and building automation
- Previous experience with manufacturing painting robotic equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Possess a basic working knowledge and understanding of industrial electrical systems with the ability to use a Volt/Ohm, Meter
- Basic knowledge and understanding of industrial voltages, 24 to 480 volt
- Basic knowledge of hand tools, ability to disassemble and reassemble using proper equipment
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components
- Basic knowledge of industrial safety requirements related to hazardous, flammable and explosive materials and environments
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance
- Must be able to observe/troubleshoot needed repairs of all types of manufacturing machines and equipment to include paint automation equipment
Navistar is a manufacturer of commercial trucks, buses, defense vehicles and engines. Wherever ingenuity drives global markets, you'll find us taking the lead. We believe the world is propelled forward by new ideas, brave inventors and bold thinkers. That's why we're driven to deliver a better future with strong products, sound values and solutions for a changing world.
Visit us at www.Navistar.com to discover more about our organization
Navistar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.