We are a general contractor providing professional construction services for the multi-family housing industry in the western United States. We are currently seeking an estimator to be responsible for estimating potential projects throughout the company's Arizona region. Travel to California would be brief, infrequent, and due to unusual circumstances. The Estimator will provide estimates of all costs associated with a project proposal received from a customer. All estimates will be created in Sage Timberline Estimating software.
- Perform the following responsibilities under the direction of the Manager of Preconstruction
- Enter all RFP's in Pj Job Setup.
- Update RFP's and Proposals in Pj Setup weekly.
- Review the scope of work as described in the initial RFP.
- Determine the labor required to complete the RFP and the proposal scope of work.
- Travel to the job site as identified in the RFP and participate in the bid walks, taking notes on all issues not readily identifiable in the RFP.
- Using Timberline software, estimate the cost of all necessary labor, material, equipment, and all other expenses directly related to the proposed project.
- Resolve any uncertainties in the existing scope of work using the RFI component in the Timberline software.
- Complete all estimating and correspondence associated with the RFP within Timberline Estimating, Project Management, and the related database software.
- Create project timelines in MS Project, including the critical path and milestones.
- Prepare the project proposal for the customer using established company templates and/or the customer's proposal form.
- Bridge the transition from pre-construction to project by communicating clearly with the Project Manager with respect to the project's scope of work, the anticipated costs, and the timeline.
- Increase the company's resource base as a routine part of all estimating activity.
- Follow through on all commitments to customers and maintain a clear and professional communication with all customers at all times.
- Provide the customer with value engineering options.
- Fluent in reading blueprints.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to foster confidence within the entire team.
- Willingness and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Use of a web browser.
- Basic computer applications, including MS Office and MS Project.
- Knowledge of basic construction software. Experience in Timberline Office (Sage 300 CRE) Estimating is a strong plus.
- Bachelors' Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, or Engineering a plus.
- Five years' experience in construction estimating or a strong combination of experience and significant formal education in fields closely related to estimating.
- Multi-family experience also a plus.
Imperial Management Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability