Part Time/Adjunct Cosmetology & Nail Technology Instructors
- Chatham County, GA
- State of Georgia
Apply for this job
Savannah Technical College is seeking part-time Cosmetology and Nail Technology Instructors to join our college. Opportunities currently exist at Savannah and Effingham Campus locations.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
* Utilize current curriculum and instructional materials to teach the state approved Cosmetology and/or Nail Technology curriculum to enrolled students;
* Foster effective learning in both classroom and lab settings;* *
* Evaluating students' progress in attaining goals and objectives;
* Ensuring student learning outcomes are attained and properly recorded;
* Preparing and maintaining documentation and administrative reports;
* Ensuring safety and security requirements are met in the classroom and laboratory;
* Accept the responsibility of retaining students who enroll in the program through graduation;
* Assist with the placement of program graduates;
* Maintain good rapport with business, industry, and the public sector;
* High School Diploma or equivalent and completion of a Nail Technology and/or Master Cosmetology program from an accredited private or postsecondary teaching institute.
* Active Georgia Nail Technology and/or Master Cosmetologist license in good standing. * *
* Three years full-time, paid work experience within the past seven years.* *
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, and Saturdays.
*Note: Only on-campus opportunities exist at this time.*
In addition to Minimum Qualifications, a Cosmetology Instructor License or prior teaching experience is preferred.
Teaching responsibilities are typically performed in a classroom/lab environment with the employee intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, pushing, and pulling for three (3) - four (4) continuous hours at a time; and may occasionally lift up to 25lbs. The exposure to chemicals and fumes is possible in the laboratory setting. The ability to speak clearly is required. Full range of hand and finger motion may be utilized for data entry purposes.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience*. *
Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal background check. Applicants must submit an electronic application thru Team Georgia Careers*, *and attach cover letter and resume (incomplete submissions will not be considered). *Please include your annual salary for each position held.*
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
*Note: No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.*
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Invitation to Self-Identify For compliance activities, contact Melissa Banks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Room A110 or (912) 443-3388, email@example.com. Send written correspondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: Melissa Banks, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may be required to submit a valid Driver's License, proof of insurability, and/or a driver's history report for positions involving state travel.
Minimum qualifications for this position will be determined by the teaching discipline and compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies. Faculty must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the course assigned.
**Organization:** **Savannah Technical College - STC*
**Title:** *Part Time/Adjunct Cosmetology & Nail Technology Instructors*
**Requisition ID:** *EDU01RQ*
**Other Locations:** *GA-Effingham, GA-Liberty-Hinesville*
Apply for this job