Part Time/Adjunct Logistics Management Instructor
- Chatham County, GA
- State of Georgia
Apply for this job
Savannah Technical College seeks a part-time Logistics Management Instructor.
This individual will:
* Utilize current curriculum and instructional materials, facilities, and educational technologies available to teach the state approved logistics management curriculum.
* Prepare lesson plans for classroom instruction; develop program syllabi, goals, and objectives.
* Evaluate students' progress in attaining goals and objectives.
* Maintain program certification requirements as appropriate.
* Prepare and maintain all required documentation and administrative reports.
* Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by attending staff development training, workshops, seminars and conferences.
* Ensure safety and security requirements are met in the training area.
* Meet with students, staff members, and other educators to discuss students' instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of students.
* Work diligently to maximize student placements in this field or related fields.
A Master's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in logistics or supply chain coursework; one year teaching experience in a postsecondary institution; excellent written and oral communication skills along with excellent computer skills.
Preference will be given to those candidates who have the minimum requirements and three years teaching experience in a postsecondary institution and possess a minimum of two (2) years of occupational (i.e., practical) experience.
*Note: Only on-campus opportunities exist at this time.*
Teaching responsibilities are typically performed in a classroom/lab environment with the employee intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, pushing, and pulling for three (3) - four (4) continuous hours at a time. The employee frequently lifts/carries objects that weigh 10lbs. or less. Full range of hand and finger motion may be utilized for data entry purposes.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience.
Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal background check. Applicants must submit an electronic application through Team Georgia Careers*, *and attach cover letter and resume (incomplete submissions will not be considered). *Please include your annual salary for each position held.*
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
*Note: No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.*
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Invitation to Self-Identify For compliance activities, contact Melissa Banks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Room A110 or (912) 443-3388, email@example.com. Send written correspondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: Melissa Banks, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may be required to submit a valid Driver's License, proof of insurability, and/or a driver's history report for positions involving state travel.
Minimum qualifications for this position will be determined by the teaching discipline and compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies. Faculty must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the course assigned.
**Organization:** **Savannah Technical College - STC*
**Title:** *Part Time/Adjunct Logistics Management Instructor*
**Requisition ID:** *EDU01RT*
Apply for this job