Part Time/Adjunct Automotive Collision Repair Instructor
- Chatham County, GA
- State of Georgia
Apply for this job
Savannah Technical College is seeking a Part Time/Adjunct Automotive Collision Repair instructor. The instructor is responsible for teaching students in classroom and lab environments.**
· Recruitment and retention of students.
· Daily teaching duties include class lecture, lesson planning, and classroom management.*__*
· Flexible work schedule hours to include day/evening classes.*__*
· Instructs students, evaluates, and records student progress in attaining goals and objectives.*__*
· Advises and counsels students, and maintains appropriate advisement records on each student. *__*
· Ensures safety requirements are met in the classroom and laboratory environments.*__*
*_Education and Occupational Experiences_*
· Diploma from a regionally accredited institution in Automotive Collision Repair or 5 years' verifiable work experience, or ASE Certification, or ICAR Certification
· Preference will be given to those candidates who have a minimum of 3 years' documented experience in teaching post secondary ACR courses.
· Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills along with computer skills.
· Teaching experience at a postsecondary institution is desirable.
Teaching responsibilities are typically performed in a classroom/lab environment with the employee intermittently sitting, standing, walking, bending, pushing, and pulling for three (3) - four (4) continuous hours at a time. The employee frequently lifts lightweight objects up to 50LBS. The work is performed in campus buildings and outdoors where the employee is occasionally exposed to cold or inclement weather. The exposure to dirt, dust, grease, machinery with moving parts, chemicals, and fumes is possible in the laboratory environment. The ability to distinguish colors is required for purposes of electrical wiring.
Salary is commensurate with education and work experience*.*
Position considered open until filled. Candidates must pass a criminal background check. Applicants must submit an electronic application through Team Georgia Careers*, *and attach cover letter and resume (incomplete submissions will not be considered). *Please include your annual salary for each position held.__*
POSITION CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING AND ALLOCATION OF POSITION.
*Note: No phone inquiries please. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to personally contact each applicant. If we are interested in scheduling an interview, a representative from our college will contact you.*
All male applicants between the ages of 18 and 26 years of age must present proof of Selective Service Registration. Savannah Technical College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). Invitation to Self-Identify For compliance activities, contact Melissa Banks, Title IX and Equity Coordinator, Room A110 or (912) 443-3388, email@example.com. Send written correspondence to Savannah Technical College, Attn: Melissa Banks, 5717 White Bluff Road, Savannah, GA 31405. STC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Candidates may be required to submit a valid Driver's License, proof of insurability, and/or a driver's history report for positions involving state travel.
Minimum qualifications for this position will be determined by the teaching discipline and compliance with appropriate accrediting bodies. Faculty must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the course assigned.
**Organization:** **Savannah Technical College - STC*
**Title:** *Part Time/Adjunct Automotive Collision Repair Instructor*
**Requisition ID:** *EDU0244*
Apply for this job