Next Horizons is looking for fun, energetic and warm Classroom Assistant to come play and interact with children ages 0-5 yrs. Our center focuses on social-emotional development of young children and fostering healthy peer to peer and child to adult relationships. Your job will primarily consist of having lots of fun and playing. You will assist lead teachers in supervision of children and help maintain a clean, safe and fun learning environment for the children in your classroom.Qualifications:
About Next Horizons
- A major in Family and Human Development is desired.
- Must be interested in staying with a group of children continuously as they move up from age group to provide the children in our care with consistency and continuity of care.
- Must be working towards a degree in Family and Human Development, Psychology, Social work or a related field.
- No previous child care experience is required but a desire to learn about children's growth and development is.
- All staff working with children must test negative for TB, provide proof of immunizations and apply for a fingerprint clearance card. Next Horizons will provide information on how to obtain aforementioned criteria.
Next Horizons is founded on the philosophy that childcare programs are an extension of home and family. In accordance with this philosophy, the center provides a family style environment that is warm and nurturing, as well as educational and stimulating. We believe that childhood needs to be a time of fun, joy, and exploration. Our goal is to partner with families to provide a safe, healthy and enriched environment for each child.