Are you interested in joining an infectious company culture where accountability, top performance and teamwork are valued and rewarded? A company that was named the #1 2019 Top Company to Work for in Arizona by The Arizona Republic and azcentral.com.
Maracay is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual to join our talented group as a Sr.Land Development Project Manager in our Scottsdale, AZ office.
Position Highlights: The Sr. Land Development Project Manager is responsible for managing land assets for their assigned communities. This position will provide project management oversight of land development projects to include lots, infrastructure, streets, entry features, amenities and landscape improvements. This includes the ability to review engineering plans, subdivision plats, and procurement of governmental or quasi-governmental approvals and permits needed to deliver lots and communities per the business plan. Will be responsible for facilitating bidding and hiring contractors for all necessary land development scopes of work.
- Prepare cost estimates, budgets and schedules for all assigned land development projects and manage them accordingly
- Assist the land acquisitions team with due diligence activities.
- Supervise the preparation and government approval of engineered improvement plans
- Manage the bid process including preparation, evaluation and award in accordance with Company procedures and Division guidelines
- Conduct plan reviews for constructability, value adds, and value engineering opportunities.
- Oversee procurement of required permits, insurance, financial assurances, and close out requirements for assigned communities.
- Provide site inspections to identify project status, progress and risk management, and proactively identify and troubleshoot potential development issues
- Coordinate information sharing and work distribution with other departments to include architecture, purchasing, sales, and construction
- Insure that property documents comply with company standards and notify management of concerns and potential solutions
- Develop and maintain key relationships with municipal leaders, vendors, and others.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Engineering or Construction Management strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Land Development
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Superior project management skills and analytical abilities
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines concurrently
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Maracay is a member of TRI Pointe Group® (NYSE: TPH), a family of premium regional homebuilders.
- Maracay has earned numerous design honors including the 2017 Nationals℠ Silver Award by the NAHB National Sales and Marketing Council.
- Maracay received back-to-back Major Achievements in Merchandising Excellence (MAME)
- Awards by the Homebuilders Association of Central Arizona in 2016 and 2017.
- Maracay was previously named Builder of the Year by the Southern Arizona Home Builders Association.
- For more than 25 years, Maracay has been a leader in the Arizona real estate industry, providing homebuyers with smarter choices that serve both their lifestyle and the environment, while constructing more than 10,000 homes for families throughout Phoenix and Tucson.
For more information about Maracay, please visit www.MaracayHomes.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.