GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
This person is responsible for general day-to-day maintenance, all make-readies, and upkeep of the property. Works as a team participant along with the maintenance staff to ensure the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Maintenance Tech is to perform general maintenance to effectively maintain a desirable property appearance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; plumbing, electrical repairs, carpentry, appliance repairs, glass replacement, screen repair and replacement, carpet cleaning, and painting. Maintenance Techs must cooperate with all departments in completing all tasks assigned.
The Maintenance Tech is responsible for the following:
1. Ensure all service requests, callbacks, and/or work orders are performed properly and promptly.
2. Complete maintenance make-ready sheets assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
3. Turn vacant apartments including, but not limited to; painting, locks, light bulbs, garbage disposal, drawers, doors, smoke detectors, blinds, windows, drains, faucets, and toilets.
4. Clean and maintain pools and spas, including chemical testing and furniture cleanliness.
5. Clean and maintain property grounds. Remove trash and debris from all common areas.
6. Clean and maintain barbeque grills, if applicable.
7. Maintain work place and maintenance shop by keeping all areas clean and organized.
8. Respond to after hour calls and emergency situations such as sewer back-ups, flooding, fires, etc.
9. Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
10. Perform additional duties, responsibilities or projects as assigned.
11. Maintain open communication with the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
The company may revise this job description from time to time as business needs require. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all the functions of the job, nor to limit the company’s right to assign other functions to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Maintenance Tech must possess skills relating to all building systems. He/She must have knowledge and understanding of the unit turn process and be able to complete three to four units per week. He/She should be knowledgeable regarding repair and maintenance of the following: HVAC, Plumbing and Pool and Spa. Maintenance Tech must also be familiar with appliance repair, electrical repairs, and basic roofing repairs.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
Must possess skills necessary to use all common hand and painting tools including rollers, brushes,
screwdrivers, hammers, pliers, etc. and hand tools normally used in construction, maintenance or
landscaping. Other power tools including, but not limited to, carpet shampoo machine, paint sprayer,
power drain cleaner, key machine and all chemicals associated with maintenance and landscaping
essential job functions. Utilize tools and supplies in a responsible and cost efficient manner.
Valid drivers’ license, good driving record along with current auto insurance may be required. It may
be required to be certified to use pool chemicals and/or air conditioning refrigerant, depending on the
Working inside and outside in all types of weather. Must be able to lift and work heavy equipment.
Medium to heavy work, requiring prolonged or repeated standing, walking, climbing, stooping,
kneeling, crouching and lifting to a maximum of 100 lbs., with frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50
lbs. Good hand and eye coordination essential, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders and
stairs, and perform repetitive/continuous tasks according to set procedures and sequences.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
NALS Apartment Homes
more details »