The Ann Storck Center, located in sunny Fort Lauderdale, is a highly acclaimed Non-profit organization serving the needs of children and adults in South Florida who present severe and multiple developmental disabilities including epilepsy, cerebral palsy, autism, and intellectual disabilities. The Ann Storck Center hosts several community programs such as Outpatient Therapy, Residential/ICF, Preschool, Afterschool, Adult Day Training, and Expressive Arts programs. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of children and adults with developmental disabilities!
Ann Storck is currently seeking a part-time Volunteer and Marketing Coordinator
for our Development Department.POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree or background in communication, marketing, graphics or related field.
- Previous volunteer management experience strongly desired.
- Valid FL Driver's License, current automobile insurance with good driving record and reliable vehicle
- Working knowledge of design and communication software such as Photoshop, Constant Contact, and WordPress.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Prior experience working in a non-profit and with special needs individuals a plus.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
Must be able to effectively communicate in English (read, write and speak) with employees, peers, supervisors, program participants and external stakeholders; Must be comfortable speaking to large groups.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ability to proof, edit and write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as donor correspondence, reports, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to adapt quickly to unexpected changes, deadlines or business demands, prioritize work and to make sound business judgments independently and under pressure.
- Effective problem-solving, reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to effectively supervise and empower volunteers to meet the demands of the project.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with Board, Staff and Volunteers.
- Develops guidelines for existing and developing volunteer programs. Maintains focus on continuous improvement and best practice models.
- Partners with social and civic organizations, local employers and educational agencies to secure volunteers and support for ASC.
- Makes presentations to groups to recruit volunteers, when necessary.
- Promotes volunteer opportunities for staff.
- Recruits, screens and selects volunteers for all departments, programs and events.
- Coordinates with Human Resources to ensures that volunteers are properly matched to tasks and, if necessary, have the proper credentials and background screening.
- Maintains a current database of volunteers; Periodically purges inactive volunteers.
- Compiles and reports statistics related to volunteer activity.
- Maintains up-to-date paper and electronic records on all volunteers, including volunteer hours.
Ann Storck Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/M/F/V/Disabilities) and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Job Type: Part-time (25-29 hours weekly)
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour (DOE)
About Ann Storck Center
The Ann Storck Center, is a highly acclaimed 501(c)(3) non-profit organization serving the needs of children and adults in South Florida who present severe and multiple developmental disabilities including epilepsy, cerebral palsy, autism, and intellectual disabilities. The Ann Storck Center operates an outpatient Therapy program, Residential, Preschool, Adult Day Training and Expressive Arts programs in Broward County, Florida, and is dedicated to enriching the lives of children and adults with developmental disabilities.