Under general direction, the incumbent is responsible for some account ownership and directing the overall activities of an ICS branch to maintain growth targets and profitability, develop and grow our employees, and build and foster cross-divisional influence and external relationships to provide a best-in-class customer experience.
- Ensure customers receive superior on-time service.
- Establish long-term objectives, create and deploy the strategies/actions to achieve them, and deliver on such objectives.
- Foster positive customer and carrier relations to retain and grow current business.
- Generate leads and close new business opportunities with major accounts to initiate growth of branch revenue and maintain margin goals.
- Hire, train and develop staff to meet branch objectives in regards to customer satisfaction, sales, and operations.
- Network with internal sales and marketing staff to develop and grow business.
- Properly manage risk and maintain financial integrity in all business matters.
- Responsible for budget and profit margins to meet and exceed branch and business unit goals for sales and profitability.
- A degree and 3 years of relevant Refrigerated 3PL/Brokerage/Transportation experience
- 5 years of relevant Refrigerated 3PL/Brokerage/Transportation experience
- Previous experience in a hands-on operations role
- Proven track record of full lifecycle outside brokerage sales
- Prior P&L/budget analysis and execution
- Prior experience in people management
- Think strategic, but be willing to get your hands dirty
Bachelors: Business Administration/Management, Bachelors: Business Communications, GED (Required), High School (Required)
Management-Entry Level, Transportation/Logistics
Job Opening ID:
00333632 Refrigerated Sales Branch Leader (Open)
"This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions."
Fortune 500 experience. Career growth opportunities. Nationwide relocation possibilities.
These are just a few things you'll find at J.B. Hunt. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering or information technology, we can help jumpstart your career with challenging opportunities that will help you reach your maximum potential.
Why J.B. Hunt?
We take our investment in you seriously - our future success depends on you. Be an innovator with a leading transportation company and work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. At J.B. Hunt, we strongly believe in promoting from within based on performance and potential, the sky is the limit for your career.
What are we looking for?
We look for high-energy, forward-thinking individuals who are interested in a career with a leader in the transportation industry. We seek exceptional people of diverse backgrounds who have the vision to carry our business forward. J.B. Hunt offers a variety of opportunities spanning across the nation. J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. affirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment. J.B. Hunt is committed to both the spirit and the letter of affirmative action law and continues its good-faith efforts to comply with all applicable government laws and regulations. The company is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity. J.B. Hunt will recruit, hire, compensate, offer benefits to, upgrade, train, layoff, terminate, and/or promote individuals without discrimination in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or other bases by applicable law. J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application process due to a disability, you may request accommodation at any time by calling 1-800-777-4968.