Are you interested in joining an infectious company culture where accountability, top performance and teamwork are valued and rewarded? A company that was named the #1 2019 Top Company to Work for in Arizona by The Arizona Republic and azcentral.com.
Maracay is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual to join our talented group as a Construction Manager in our Scottsdale office.
Position Highlights: Plans and manages the homebuilding construction process for a designated community. Oversees trade partners to ensure quality control, adherence to the Company’s scopes of work and safety protocols. Engages with external consultants, internal team members and homeowners to effectively execute and deliver quality homes with high customer satisfaction. Applies independent judgment and discretion to appropriately manage field operations on a daily basis.
- Manages trade partners and consultants, including initiating and approving changes and purchases orders, withholding approval of payment for unsatisfactory or incomplete work; inspects work and approves payment for acceptable work and materials. Manages contract adherence and provides input on trade partner selection and retention.
- Manages Assistant Construction Managers; provides training and feedback to foster their growth and advancement.
- Oversees onsite safety of the Company’s employees to ensure they work safely; evaluates safety violations by employees and trades and exercises judgment to take appropriate action.
- Schedules aspects of construction projects, including trade partners, material deliveries, and inspections; manages work against benchmarks and timetables to ensure that trade partners, employees and vendors perform on schedule and on budget.
- Exercises discretion to plan and coordinate starts; modifies schedules (as appropriate) in response to field conditions to achieve Company goals.
- Manages the home-building process from permitting to home delivery (and first-year warranty if required).
- Uses sound judgment to implement the Company’s jobsite compliance programs and monitors trade partner compliance with scopes of work and applicable regulations such as building codes, quality standards, environmental laws, SWPPP, and health and safety programs.
- Acts as the Company’s primary representative on the jobsite with third parties such as trade partners, customers and government inspectors and investigators.
- Manages daily logistics of the site to ensure various contractors work harmoniously; stages the job by determining the timing and location of material deliveries, sequencing of work and option installation, and verifying prior work is completed to the Company’s high standards prior to follow on work. All with the goal of meeting established cycle time goals per home and community under construction.
- Communicates with sales, purchasing, homeowners, consultants, trades, building officials and customer care to successfully manage and execute the homebuilding process.
- Engages with homeowners during brand/division-required orientations/walks to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant construction experience or education required
- Strong knowledge of home construction.
- Ability to read understand and implement adjustments to architectural and structural blueprints, off-site improvement plans & soils reports.
- Knowledge of relevant building codes and all scopes of work.
- Expertise in Hyphen BuildPro.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and Project.
- Bending, stooping, reaching, lifting and balancing; frequent standing and walking, sometimes on uneven and rough terrain.
- Climbing ladders; moving/carrying construction materials and supplies weighing in excess of 50 pounds.
- Tolerance of moderate to very loud noise. Environmental conditions vary depending on weather, stage of production, and where work takes place. Some of the following conditions apply at various times, hot, cold, wet, dry, muddy, humid, windy, calm, bright, dark, noisy, dusty, poor lighting, poor ventilation, temperature variations, fog and rain. Airborne particles such as wood dust, drywall dusts, etc. are common in the field environment.
- Maracay is a member of TRI Pointe Group® (NYSE: TPH), a family of premium regional homebuilders.
- Maracay has earned numerous design honors including the 2017 Nationals℠ Silver Award by the NAHB National Sales and Marketing Council.
- Maracay received back-to-back Major Achievements in Merchandising Excellence (MAME)
- Awards by the Homebuilders Association of Central Arizona in 2016 and 2017.
- Maracay was previously named Builder of the Year by the Southern Arizona Home Builders Association.
- For more than 25 years, Maracay has been a leader in the Arizona real estate industry, providing homebuyers with smarter choices that serve both their lifestyle and the environment, while constructing more than 10,000 homes for families throughout Phoenix and Tucson.
For more information about Maracay, please visit www.MaracayHomes.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.