COVID-19 Precaution: Virtual Interviews
Our commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. Because the health of our employees and candidates is a top priority, we will be conducting our hiring process virtually and conducting interviews via phone or video until further notice. We will provide candidates selected for interviews with all the required instructions. Thank you for your interest in Sargent & Lundy.
The Electric Grid Infrastructure Services Group is seeking a transmission line designer to join their team in its Wilmington, Delaware office.
- This position will offer you the opportunity to utilize and expand your drafting skills, while working in a multi-disciplined team environment with other Electrical and Structural designers and/or engineers in the development of transmission line drawings/designs up to 765kV.
- You will have the opportunity to apply your computer-aided drafting skills, while receiving hands-on training in 3D design software environments, such as AutoCAD 3D and/or MicroStation. Additionally, you will receive training in Sargent & Lundy’s award-winning, industry-recognized proprietary design databases.
- Some of your responsibilities will include the development of transmission line plans and profile drawings, transmission line hardware details, material lists, and grounding details.
- You will be involved in creating master sketches to scale showing relation of proposed installations to existing facilities and exact specifications and dimensions. In preparing your drawings, you will confer directly with engineering staff in interpreting input from a variety of sources, such as engineering specifications, weight and volume calculations, and stress factors.
- You may accompany and assist experienced designers on walkdowns at client facilities to gather information for your design project.
- While interfacing with vendors and construction contractors, you may be given the opportunity to explain your drawings so appropriate design adjustments can be made.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- An Associate’s Degree in drafting, or a high school diploma and 1 or more years drafting course work or equivalent technical experience.
- Solid knowledge of standard computer drafting tools (i.e. AutoCAD or MicroStation).
- Ability to visualize parts in 3D without the aid of the computer.
- Ability to multi-task from project to project.
- Experience using AutoCad, Microstation, and/or GIS software.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Associate's Degree in Computer Aided Design.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology, including the ability to relate various equipment to a technical design.
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.