Ensures the proper handling of all responsible business activities in accordance to STC’s policies and procedures. Facilitate an effective line of communication with direct reports and management. Prime focus set on quality and timeliness of communication/correspondence, and value added contributions to increase and understand customer’s business.
- Supervise operational team members to ensure best practices are being followed through hands on training, direction and continual feedback. Support team members with resolution of local vendor/customer problems and other operational issues. Delegate and distribute workload basis personnel experience, capacity and ability.
- To handle operational duties and support initiatives of Operations Account Manager for areas of responsibility. Assist other operations groups and managers when needed. Ensure all STC systems are properly updated correctly and timely as required for their delegated accounts. Coordinate month end close procedures and demurrage billing.
- To act as a liaison on operational aspects of customer relationships for all divisional accounts or strategic alliances. To participate as and when required in customer meetings. Assist collection of outstanding receivables for accounts. To coordinate and implement STC credit policy when required. To inform management of commercial problems and write offs in regards to accounts receivable issues.
- To participate as required in customer meetings. Liaison with the operational account managers, other supervisors and sales on matters that affect commercial relationships.
- To continually monitor, correct and where necessary improve procedures and processes to eliminate waste while improving efficiency.
- College/University degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Tank Container industry with a proven track record of meeting targets
- Ability to problem-solve
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ethical, organized and a team player capable of motivating staff to performance excellence;
- Fluent in English and Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Strong computer skills in Windows based or compatible programs.
- Ensures all AS400 operational reports are regularly created and acted upon. These reports should include but not limited to; Exception, Demurrage Activity, Moves Not Passed to Accounts, Unbilled Moves, OCM’s and Invoice Error Inquiry.
- Oversees controlled AS400 functions, such as the issue of credit notes and monitors incidental activities e.g. the cancellation of moves. Ensures all operational non-conformances for vendors/suppliers are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Monitors that all Demurrage and Extra Charge invoices are raised correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all new customers operating requirements are recorded and initiated by monitoring accuracy of customer profiles together with Customer Service.
- Actively participate and contribute to operational team meetings, identifying and communicating potential process improvements to the Operations Manager, Commercial Staff, Purchasing, Tank Planning and General Management.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement