TIDEWATER INSULATORS is part of the Installed Building Products (IBP) family of companies. They form part of the second largest insulation installers serving the U.S. residential new construction market. Located in over 175 locations across the continental U.S., our values have remained the same—providing the exceptional service and attention of a small business, while integrating the skills and experience that only a national organization can offer. Although installing insulation is our niche, IBP is also a leader in installing garage doors, rain gutters, closet shelving, shower doors, mirrors, fireplaces, and bath and door hardware. Find your next career opportunity and join our team, with TIDEWATER INSULATORS!
Become part of a growing company with opportunities to learn new skills and build a career.
IBP offers our employees a career with the following benefits:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Pay
- On the Job Training
- Paid Certification (if applicable)
- Opportunity for Growth and Advancement
A Gutter Installer is responsible for all aspects of gutter installation work including gutters, downspouts, elbows and materials to installing to both existing and new construction homes.
- Responsible for loading and logging materials onto truck and makes notation of returned materials per each work order
- Erects scaffolding or ladders
- Cuts gutter material to the size required
- Able to hang 4’, 5’ and 6’ aluminum gutters
- Attaches gutter materials by installing spikes
- Maintain good housekeeping on job site
- Observe job site safety rules and know the location of MSDS packets in your vehicle
- Maintain tools and truck housekeeping and maintenance
- Responsible for completing time card daily and ensuring it is submitted on time
- Responsible to comply with OSHA guidelines and company safety policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Experience in the construction industry, including roofing, siding preferred
- Basic math skills
- Able to climb up and down a ladder and be on roof to install gutters
- Able to work independently and or with a crew
- Must have a valid driver’s license to drive a company vehicle
Position requires a Drug Test and Motor Vehicle Report to be completed, contingent upon employment.
- Must be able to use common hand tools – snips, down spout crimps, end cap crimps, hacksaw, hammer, cordless hand drill, various hole punch tools, and caulk gun.
- Able to read job instructions and record materials to work order.
- Must be able to drive a car, manage extension ladders up to 45 Ft., work at heights, and must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs frequently.
- Must be able to bend, twist, and turn body at shoulders, waist and knees to handle and install gutters.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Works in a construction environment; able to adapt to weather conditions.
IBP is an equal opportunity employer.