Future Scholars Childcare and Preschool in Mount Clemens, MI is looking for a Full-time Lead Teacher for Infants (birth-1.5 or walking), Toddlers( 1.5-2.5), Transition (2.5-3.5) and Preschool.Summary:
Plan and implement activities that promote the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth of children. Responsible for the care, hygiene, learning, and developmental activities, specialized programs, and redirection of children. Communicates directly with parents. Maintains classroom records, cleanliness, and orderliness.Essential Functions:
- Meets expectations quality program, and operational compliance, and demonstrates expected behaviors.
- Provides care and support to children.
- Engages with current and prospective parents and family members and is responsive to their needs.
- Complies with FUTURE SCHOLARS LLC and all governmental regulations regarding the care of children.
- Understands responsibilities as a mandated reporter.
- Keeps the Director informed of any necessary information regarding the care and safety of children.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation according to FUTURE SCHOLARS LLC and other licensing or regulatory requirements.
- Assists and accepts responsibility in other daily center duties that might be temporary in the event other personnel are not available. Work hours may vary to meet the needs of the children.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, center events, and parent/customer meetings as requested.
- High school diploma and/or state education requirements for a Lead Teacher requires.
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and/or CDA are highly desirable.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education or related area highly desirable.
- 2+ years of early childhood education experience desirable.
- 1+ years of experience working with assigned age group desirable.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Ability to be flexible in assignment and work hours required.
- CPR and First Aid Certification up to date.
- Excellent verbal, listening, and written communication skills required.
- Criminal Background Check.
- Work is primarily performed in the center environment. Centers are dynamic with a high level of activity. Work may also be performed at community sites for field trips.
- She/he will be faced with a variety of issues on a daily basis and will be engaged in multiple tasks and must respond quickly and appropriately to frequently changing needs of children.
- She/he must be able to lift 40 pounds, must be able to sustain a high level of energy.
- Stand up to 95% of the day, bend, stoop, sit on the floor to perform various tasks numerous times throughout the day.
- Assume postures in low-level positions that best allow physical and visual contact with children.
- Have the ability to move from a seated position to a standing position promptly to respond to emergency situations.
- Perform all activities with children, i.e. jump, dance, walk, run, etc. for extended periods of time.
- Both indoor and outdoor environment are typically found in a childcare facility. Depending upon activities and season may be required to be outdoors for regular, prolonged activities.
- Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor the environment and children's well being.
- She/he will need to be flexible and be able to respond quickly and appropriately to changing situations.