Our mission is Protecting and Promoting Employee Health – from Hire to Retire.
WorkCare, Inc., is a physician-owned national occupational health service company founded in 1984. We currently serve more than 1 million client employees across the U.S and abroad with integrated employee health management solutions that include Incident Intervention™ 24/7 telephonic injury triage and return-to-work follow-up; On-site Services; Medical Exams & Travel program management; Consulting Occupational Physicians; Leave & Disability Clinical Support; and preventive interventions including wellness education, industrial athlete/athletic trainer programs, industrial massage and bio-ergonomic assessments.
We are seeking Per Diem Paramedics to work at a client site in Monaca, PA.
- Provide emergency care in basic and life support
- Responds to accidents and multiple traumas applying the principals of Advances Trauma Life Support
- Assist in carrying out minor surgical procedures
- Assist with minor/routine medical cases when not responding to emergency medical cases
- Attend site occupational health and safety meetings and participate in occupational health inspections
- Perform certified spirometry and audiometric tests as needed
- Perform regular training (e.g. first aid) and participate in emergency drills onsite
- Escort medical evaluation cases by emergency transport vehicle/air lift to the agreed destination (e.g., regional hospitals)
- Be physically able and so trained to assist or perform treatment or rescue from elevated structures, difficult access locations, excavations, vehicles, water, or other locations associated with construction site activities
- May be required to be available on Saturdays, Sundays, holidays and after hours as needed to support the site/project schedule
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be certified to at least a Paramedic Level 3 per the state of Pennsylvania regulations
- Strong emergency medical/trauma care skills
- Must have BLS/CPR and ACLS certification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an EMS setting preferred
- Experience at industrial work locations in EMS setting preferred
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Requires ability to work independently
- Must possess decision making skills based on strong professional and clinical judgment
- Must be service-oriented and possess strong written and oral communications skills