*Posted Date:* Dec 5, 2019
* We have openings for full & part-time *WAITER/WAITRESS *positions.
* *Location*: Demaree Crossing Senior Living- 1255 Demaree Rd Greenwood, IN 46143. (Easy Access to Hwy 30 & County Rd 300 W). /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: Full-time: 7 AM- 3 PM or 12 PM- 7:30 PM. Flexible scheduling!
* *Requirement*: Previous experience is a plus.
* *Perks: Training provided, uniforms provided & flexible scheduling!*
*WE MAKE IT EASY!*
* You can now *chat or text-to-apply*, in addition to our standard online apply. Just text *JOB* to *75000* & search for the requisition ID number 356787 . Click here to view more.
* You can now *prerecord video introductions.* Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Working for Morrison Community Living is more than a job - it's a calling. We are the leading provider of dining, nutrition, wellness and community services to America's senior living communities. From our sustainable food practices and innovative culinary programs - to housekeeping, plant operations and landscaping, we enrich the lives of seniors every day. To do that, we need the best and brightest to work with us. We're seeking talented people who have a passion for seniors. We're making a difference every day. Are you ready to join us?
*Full time associates at Morrison Community Living are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
*Summary:* Takes food and beverage orders and efficiently delivers items to dining room guests.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Promptly and warmly greet guests in the dining room; takes food and beverages in an efficient manner, following established steps of service.
* Delivers food promptly and professionally; maintains safe food handling and sanitation standards. Follows up periodically to assist with any additional needs or requests.
* Demonstrates complete understanding of menu items and ingredients. Advises guests on appropriate combinations of food and drinks when requested; accommodates reasonable requests and notes preferences. As needed, demonstrates knowledge of specialized diets and allergens.
* Communicates directly with back-of-the-house staff to ensure that orders are delivered correctly and special requests are accommodated.
* Exhibits exceptional communications skills and demonstrates ability to get along well with others. Remains flexible and patient when communicating with guests and staff.
* Collects tickets and follow proper cash-handling procedures.
* Promotes a clean, safe and neat environment for guests.
* Maintains a high level of sensitivity and confidentiality regarding personal or medical information that is shared.
* Promptly addresses complaints or issues; relays relevant information or complaints directly to supervisor.
* Ensures that the dining room is properly set up prior to and after the service period; keeps area clean and neat while meeting established sanitation standards.
* Operates a variety of equipment, including fire extinguishers, telephones, iced tea/soda machines, soup wells and coffee machines.
* Works with staff of other departments to perform job duties during special events and functions.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./