- Muskegon County, MI
Apply for this job
Job ID AS20190912-37692
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com at https://l3harris.mergerannouncement.com/
Job Title: Procurement Lead
Job Code: AS20190912-37692
Job Location: Muskegon, MI
The Procurement Lead is responsible for a variety of procurement and contract and subcontract activities. Strong emphasis on Supplier Performance, Supplier Production Readiness and using strategic forward thinking methods to ensure the timely delivery of quality materials, systems and services. The individual selected will be responsible for the management of existing contract and subcontracts, as well as the issuance of new contracts and subcontracts to include, but not limited to, highly complex design and development material and services in support of program requirements, from Request for Proposal (RFP) generation through fact-finding, cost/price analysis, negotiation, award and post-award management/administration. The individual will also work closely with the site Program and Supply Chain leadership to setting up strategic supplier relationships and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Economics, Law or Contract Administration with a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of the Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA) and related public laws is required.
- Knowledge of commercial law, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Supplement to the Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) required.
- Ability to get security clearance required.
- Must be able to move freely, with or without accommodation, throughout the manufacturing environment
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements, and supplemental international business regulations and practices of government agencies.
- Ability to assess operational efficiency and capability at suppliers across a variety of commodities.
- Has a thorough understanding of ERP and demand management utilizing multiple provisioning strategies.
- Experience in the development of RFP packages, review and analysis of proposals, negotiation of subcontract pricing and provisions, supplier selection, post-award subcontract management, payment approval, subcontract closeout and file/record maintenance is required.
- Experience with both Firm Fixed Price (FFP) and Cost-reimbursable type subcontracts is desired.
- Candidate must be proficient with Microsoft (MS) Word and Excel, and must be able to work in a multi-task, fast-paced, team environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of and desire to implement lean and process improvement initiatives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Apply for this job