Toddler Assistant Teachers
- Hartford County, CT
- Goddard School
Apply for this job
Our brand new fast growing Goddard School in Newington is now hiring Toddler Assistant Teachers. Toddler Assistant Teachers are responsible for establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment. Additionally an Assistant Toddler Teachers are responsible to work together with a Teacher and in conjunction with the entire faculty.
What We Offer:
The Goddard School of Newington, CT is happy to offer:
* Flexible Scheduling, including Vacation Time, Sick Time and PTO.
* Subsidized Child-Care at our beautiful facility!
* A fun, nurturing and rewarding community - we love coming to work everyday!
Toddler Assistant Teachers Qualifications:
* Ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid
* Ability to see and read newsprint, with or without corrective lenses
* Ability to speak and be understood under normal circumstances
* Ability to use arms, hands, legs, and feet, with or without corrective devices; this includes the ability to evacuate the building during emergencies
* Ability to respond immediately to emergency situations
The ideal Toddler Assistant Teachers will meet one of the following:
* A current CDA or Early Childhood Teaching Credential.
* Proof of current and active enrollment in a CDA Credentialing Program.
* Proof of current and active enrollment in an accredited Associate's or Bachelor's degree program in Early Childhood Education or a related field.
An Toddler Assistant Teachers responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following: Establish and maintain a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment
* Design an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom
* Develop an appropriate classroom management system to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom
* Ensure that children are always within state ratio requirements
Apply for this job