Recreation Assistant (Part Time)
- North Andover, MA
- Genesis HealthCare
Apply for this job
POSITION SUMMARY: The Recreation Assistant assists in the planning, organizing, and directing activity programs for customers. Recreation services will include physical, creative, cognitive, social, spiritual, and community programs in accordance with customers' needs. The Recreation Assistant contributes to the documentation of customers' progress toward their goals and response to the recreation plan.
- Assists in planning and promoting recreation based on the needs and interests of the customer
- Encourages social communication through group recreation
- Provides programs in all recreation component areas on an individual and group basis
- Assists customers with participation in religious programs
- Assists customers with leisure recreation
- Provides individual intervention to identified customers and non-participants of group programs
- Provides input into the design of monthly recreation services
- Documents customer attendance and participation level at recreation programs, writes progress notes, and attends care plan meetings as appropriate
- Attends appropriate in-service training programs
- Assists in the maintenance, storage, and use of the recreation department supplies
- Performs other responsibilities as directed by the Recreation Director
- Assists with set up of volunteer program and appreciation
- Assists in transporting customers to and from recreation programs
- Assists with admission assessments, Clinical responsibilities: MDS, care plans and progress notes
- Assists with customer council's purpose, attendance, and outcomes
- Facilitates community interaction programs
- Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights
- Performs other duties as requested.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. High school degree or equivalent 2. Certification in accordance with regulatory agencies governing the center. 3. Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
Position Type: Part Time
Req ID: 329145
Center Name: Prescott House
Genesis HealthCare, Inc. and all affiliated entities (collectively, "Genesis") provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, actual or perceived disability, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, amnesty, military status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Genesis takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans. These policies are fully supported by the CEO, COO and all members of the leadership team. If you require any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in completing the online application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact (877)456-6726. This phone number is for ADA related accommodation requests only, not for routine employment inquiries.
Apply for this job