- Fresno County, CA
- Signature Flight Support
Apply for this job
Signature TECHNICAir's world-class MRO service is available in 11 U.S. locations and 3 U.K. locations. Each location has a long history of highly personalized service, rapid response, and precision quality. When it comes to safety, Signature TECHNICAir embraces the highest of possible standards.
*_WHAT WE OFFER_*
* Salary range based on experience.
* Medical insurance
* Dental & Vision insurance.
* Paid time off (vacation, sick, and holiday).
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
* Health Care Spending Account (HSA).
* Uniforms provided.
* Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance.
* Opportunity to participate in employer-paid training courses.
* Tuition Assistance Program
Signature TECHNICAir's Avionic Technicians are responsible for functional testing, repair/maintenance and inspection of aircraft electrical and avionics systems. This can include but is not limited to radar, lighting, radio, entertainmentand navigational systems.
* Adjust, repair, or replace malfunctioning components or assemblies using hand tools and or soldering irons
* Assemble components such as switches, electrical controls, and junction boxes
* Connect components to assemblies such as radio systems, instruments, magnetos, inverters and in-flight refueling systems
* Install electrical and electronic components, assemblies and systems in aircraft
* Interpret flight test data to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance issues
* Lay out installation of aircraft assemblies and systems following documentation such as blueprints, manuals and wiring diagrams
* Test and troubleshoot instruments, components and assemblies using circuit testers, oscilloscopes and voltmeters to determine performance and airworthiness
* Maintain timely and accurate records of regular maintenance and repairs
* Complies with company policy and procedures as contained in company manual
* Coordinate work with that of engineers, technicians and other aircraft maintenance personnel to ensure the delivery of the aircraft on time to the customer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
* Prefer 2-3 years avionics experience in general aviation and/or corporate aircraft. Military avionics experience also accepted.
* FAA Airframe and Powerplant licenses a plus
* License issued by the Federal Communications Commission for restricted radio-telephone operator (may be obtained upon hire)
* Valid, unrestricted Driver's License. High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Excellent communication skills.
* DOT/FAA pre-employment drug screen and a DOT/FAA compliant background check.
* Acute vision and hearing to detect problems and conduct inspections.
* Frequent walking, stretching, bending, climbing, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to perform service operations in extreme temperatures and inclement weather.
* Manual dexterity to assemble parts, wires and components and to manipulate tools
*An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet*
**Title:** *Avionics Technician*
**Location:** *California-Fresno-Fresno Yosemite International Airport - FAT-M*
**Requisition ID:** *37265*
Apply for this job