Member Services Specialist
Girl Scouts Heart Of Pennsylvania
Job Location: PA - Harrisburg
Salary Range: Negotiable
Employment Type: Full-Time (Regular)
Job #: 7362
Post Date: 12/20/2019
Engages in problem solving and providing advanced solutions; manages and responds appropriately to all inquiries including but not limited to email, phone, and walk-in customers. Assists other departments with projects as assigned.
• Engages in problem solving and provides solutions; manages and responds appropriately to all inquiries including but not limited to email, phone and walk-in customers.
• Utilize Girl Scouts in the Heart of Pennsylvania's customer relationship management system as a tool to track customer interactions and provide outstanding customer service. Ensures and provides quality service to both internal and external customers.
• Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the member's complain/issue; determines the cause of the problem; selects and explains the best solution to solve the problem and expedites the correction or adjustment. Follows up to ensure resolution and satisfaction.
• Provides back-up administrative support across all departments as needed which may include the production of written materials and reports (copying, assembling, etc.), filing, data entry (i.e. program evaluations, data cleaning queries), and front desk staffing.
• Follows established procedures for accepting money, processing financial transactions, taking request for refunds, and updating giving records.
• Maintains financial accounts by processing member adjustments; recommends potential products or services to management by collecting member information and analyzing member needs.
• Prepares product or service reports by collecting and analyzing member information; contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Support recruitment and renewal efforts by assisting with the registration; lead follow-up; and processing Financial Assistance.
• Maintains CRM by entering information quickly and accurately.
• Assists with data entry and data cleanliness tasks related (but not limited) to membership, property, and programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned in support of council-wide initiatives and/or cross functional teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
• Strong customer service skills with an understanding of its significance for the furtherance of the council's mission.
• Focus on providing quality customer service to GSHPA membership
• Willingness to learn GSHPA product and market information
• Demonstrated ability and proficiency to perform data entry with extreme accuracy.
• Proven experience maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and exercising judgement and initiative.
• Sound decision making, judgement and conflict resolution skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong documentation skills
• Ability to utilize active listening skills to identify needs of customers.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and CRM or other database experience.
• Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
• Ability to organize and prioritize job demands in a continually changing work environment.
• Ability to analyze data and information
• Ability to be detail oriented.
• Self-motivated and a willingness to learn new skills.
• Ability to effectively identify, analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
• Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and/or weekends, and to travel throughout the council.
• Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds and ages.
• Ability to work cooperatively in furtherance of stated goals.
• Ability to handle high volume tasks (e.g. telephone calls and computer work).
• Ability to sit for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift 30 lbs.
For more information, please contact the council directly.
How to Apply
Email CV/Resume, Cover Letter, and contact information and two professional references to Courtney Frank at:
Girl Scouts in the Heart of Pennsylvania
350 Hale AveHarrisburg, PA 17104