The Director of Development is responsible for organizing, planning and spearheading fundraising activities in support of Child Care Aware® of Missouri’s (CCAMO) fundraising goals and mission. The position is responsible for developing, diversifying and expanding current fundraising strategies while identifying new donors and building strong relationships with existing donors, Board of Directors, community stakeholders, and colleagues. The Director of Development will work closely with the CEO, department leads, and a grant writer. This position reports to the Assistant Chief of Community Impact.Duties
- Plan, design, implement, and analyze all fundraising activities of CCAMO (Ex. Give STL Day, Walk, Bingo, and appeal letters).
- Work with the CEO, Board Members, and key staff to implement long range fundraising plan.
- Oversee the identification, research, cultivation, solicitation acknowledgement, and stewardship of donors at all levels.
- Initiate and serve as the staff liaison to the CCAMO Board Fund Development Committee.
- Work closely with staff to ensure coordination on fundraising activities and compliance with all policies and guidelines.
- Research possible large contributors, including philanthropic foundations, corporations, and individuals, which could generate leads for the grant writer.
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Manage Network for Good, produce donor reports and track fundraising dollars.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with community-based donors.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Help generate content and materials for grants, case statements, and other documents related to development materials.
- Work in conjunction with those in charge of social media marketing to create fundraising posts, create and promote events on social media, and other related duties
- Promote the Mission, Vision and Why of CCAMO.
- Engage in other duties, as assigned.
- BA/BS in fund development, public relations, non-profit management, business relations, or closely related field.
- Minimum of two years of development experience required including successful event planning, coordination, and implementation, three years preferred.
- Proficient developing sponsorship solicitation.
- Proficient using socials media platforms to assist with fundraising messaging.
- Proficient using fundraising platforms, proficiency with Network for Good preferred.
- Ability to communicate detailed, technical information, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship building skills in both program and outreach settings.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Desire to make a difference in the lives of children and families.
- Independent and self-motivated, able to comply with and enforce deadlines.
- Energetic team player.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks with competing priorities under minimal supervision.
- Able to think critically and exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Results-oriented and solution-focused with a problem-solving attitude.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to travel throughout Missouri and out of state.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Benefits include: Company contribution to 401k vested 100% at time of hire. Company paid medical, dental, vision, long term disability and life insurance with a small employee copay. Accrue 2 weeks vacation and sick time during first year. Flexible schedule.