Looking for a position with autonomy, travel and ability to directly impact community safety and security with innovative solutions? Do you want to work with a values-driven company that is committed to excellence and service?
ASG is seeking a motivated, disciplined and goal-oriented leader with broad scope Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Emergency Response experience. The successful candidate will have demonstrated management, leadership and technical competencies in the areas of industrial hygiene, environmental, safety and emergency management disciplines. The candidates must be a Certified Industrial Hygienist by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene. The position requires knowledge and application in the development of innovative solutions for a variety of clients. Applicants should have knowledge and experience with the Defense Occupational and Environmental Health Readiness System – Industrial Hygiene (DOEHRS-IH) management information system. The team member will work among and teams of EHS and Emergency Management professionals to conduct environmental audits, survey industrial workplaces, develop emergency plans and training materials, and conduct emergency response exercises.
Successful applicants will use specified guidelines to conduct on-site Industrial Hygiene surveys to include:
- New basic characterizations of work places
- Re-evaluation of existing basic characterization (re-baselines)
- Ventilation system evaluations
- And/or hazardous noise assessments
- Identification and mitigation of hazards to reduce the risk of injury, illness, or death
- Diagram location of the ventilation system, components and ventilation calculations
- Utilize a sound level meter (SLM) to measure sound pressure level in A-weighted decibels (dBA) and C-weighted decibels (dBC)
- Conduct noise dosimetry
- Suggest detailed guidance for selecting and maintaining OEH health hazard control options, including engineering controls, administrative controls, collective protective techniques, or individual/personal protective equipment
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Provide management support for trip planning, logistics, on-site activities to include kick-off and exit briefs with client and site technical representatives
- Provide subject matter expertise performing evaluations of work environments & industrial processes involving potentially hazardous environmental conditions
- Manage multiple projects and teams that deploy to locations worldwide
- Supervise and mentor team members
- Provide expert level recommendations for issue resolution and corrective measures ensuring desired outcomes are achieved
- Use industrial hygiene equipment and sampling techniques for standard chemical and physical hazards
- Evaluates processes, related hazards and hazard controls, as well as personnel performing the process
- Document workplace stressors with sufficient duration and frequency to cause injury, illness, or death to personnel
- Document methods used and actions taken to mitigate hazards
- Measure face velocities, capture velocities, room pressurization and air changes per hour (ACH)
- Provide oversight and consultation to the customer
- Support customer projects by assisting with investigations, analysis, plans, designs, implementation, and identification.
- Provide expert level support for issue resolutions and customer support
- Provide management support for activities of and interact with multiple technical teams simultaneously to ensure projects were successfully completed on schedule and within budget
- Assist the government lead with programmatic oversight for multiple programs.
- Support plan implementations by preparing and reviewing program documents such as detailed OEH Programs
- Maintain currency in relevant job knowledge to ensure responsibilities are successfully executed
- Navigate decision-making based on the core values of the company maintaining professionalism at all times
- Plan and complete work in a manner that reflects commitment to and supports achievement of quality, environmental, and occupational health and safety goals.
- Master’s Degree in industrial hygiene and at least 5 years professional, broad-scope IH experience
- Certification as a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
- Experience using the Defense Occupational and Environmental Health Readiness System – Industrial Hygiene (DOEHRS-IH)
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite
- Experience collecting, analyzing, interpreting and evaluating data to assess trends and developments
- Knowledge and experience with the following standards:
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) Industrial Ventilation Manual
- United Facilities Criteria (UFC)
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)/American Society for Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Current United States passport upon starting date
- Current OPM background investigation; initiated before starting date
- Must possess professionalism and integrity; be accountable, trustworthy and task-oriented.
- Ability to travel frequently throughout the year and work beyond normal business hours when required to complete essential responsibilities
- Able to lift and carry minimum 25 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand or walk for periods of 8 hours or more
- Work in various climates from extreme cold or heat
- Walk or stand on uneven terrain
- Able to squat/ bend/ kneel / twist / turn / reach above shoulder
- Sit extended period of time
- Utilize computer keyboard (type) and accessories repetitively and for extended periods
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Strategic Planning
- Benefits: ASG offers a full range of benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan and more.
- Travel: This position requires approximately 25% travel to both CONUS and OCONUS sites. Site visits can range from 5 – 15 days depending on site location. OCONUS locations may average from 10-20 days on site.
CSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer who provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, CSS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.