Our mission is Protecting and Promoting Employee Health – from Hire to Retire.
WorkCare, Inc., is a physician-owned national occupational health service company founded in 1984. We currently serve more than 1 million client employees across the U.S and abroad with integrated employee health management solutions that include Incident Intervention™ 24/7 telephonic injury triage and return-to-work follow-up; On-site Services; Medical Exams & Travel program management; Consulting Occupational Physicians; Leave & Disability Clinical Support; and preventive interventions including wellness education, industrial athlete/athletic trainer programs, industrial massage and bio-ergonomic assessments.
We are seeking a Per Diem Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work at a client site in Monaca, PA.
Provides health care services to patients and as needed to support medical and safety efforts at site. Will provide supervision to other onsite medical department staff.
- Employee Evaluation, Treatment, and Management:
- Provide direct patient care for occupational, and in some settings, non-occupational injuries and illnesses, consistent with appropriate standards and laws
- Obtain health histories and perform targeted or comprehensive physical examinations for health screening, surveillance programs, new hire, fit-for-duty, return-to-work, medical surveillance, exit exams, DOT certification, substance abuse screenings, and other programs required by the employer
- Order and interpret lab results and other diagnostic studies
- Develop/order therapeutic plan of care including prescription medications, PT, chiro, etc.
- Arrange for patient referrals/consultations
- Provide emergency medical response during business hours
- Perform effective case management follow-up from injuries/illness and absences
- Manage Ergonomic programs company wide and on an individual basis
- Provide ergonomic evaluations for workers, departments and/or company manufacturing processes
- Monitor and analyze trends regarding ergonomic-related injuries
- Coordinate with ergonomists and consultants when needed for specialized advice
- Design, implement and evaluate population-based health risk reduction initiatives
- Hazard assessment and surveillance of employee populations and workplaces
- Identify, develop, and manage OSHA-required and voluntary surveillance programs such as reproductive, vision, respiratory, hearing conservation, asbestos, lead, hazmat and other exposure surveillance programs
Physician's Assistant Qualifications
PA-C License required. Unrestricted New York Physician Assistant license. Certified by NCCPA. Current DEA license. Current ACLS/BLS certification. 3-5 years of PA experience preferred.
Nurse Practitioner Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in nursing with 3-5 years’ experience. Experience in occupational medicine at an on-site program preferred. Must have current license as a registered nurse practitioner in the state of New York. Must have current ACLS/BLS certification.
- Knowledge of OSHA record ability, workers compensation, case management and government regulations preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability of maintaining privacy and confidentiality; critical thinking skills
- Work independently and make decisions in accordance to company policy and procedures; and take initiative on issues that arise daily
- Able to manage multiple priorities. Must have the ability to maintain a professional approach with others in job-demanding, multitasking and/or project support situations;
- Ability to create and edit written materials; ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences; the skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities; the ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have proficient computer skills (i.e., word, excel, databases)