HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion – all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Responsible for supporting human resources activities across a business unit. Coordinate new hire activities, including onboarding, employment verifications and payroll processing. May assist in the recruiting process.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Provides information to managers, supervisors, and associates regarding potential candidates and new hires. May assist in the management of the applicant tracking system by screening candidates and sending out hire approval emails and offer letters.
- Ensures timely completion of required associate documentation for employment-related processes.
- Schedules new hire orientation and assists with human resources training materials.
- Performs adjustments to timekeeping system to include reconciling hours, reporting, entering hours in system, and timely payroll submission.
- Completes employment and payroll verifications. Reviews and ensures compliance of employment paperwork as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between the human resources and the field. Interfaces with internal and external departments and resources to furnish or obtain needed information to close employee- and business-related issues.
- Answers day-to-day HR questions for employees in regards to payroll items, benefits, and policies.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
- Previous experience working in a human resources department.
- Exemplary customer service with strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to adapt in a dynamic work environement.
- Experience with a variety of diverse internal and external customers and contacts.
- Prior experience with HR/payroll systems.
- Associate's or bachelor's degree preferred.