Why a Great Opportunity
Fortune 500 company. Awesome relocation package and strong salary! Opportunity for advancement into Plant Manager.
Our client is a fortune 500 industry leader in the packaging industry and is seeking to hire highly qualified and successful operations professionals to manage facilities throughout North America. This Operations Manager is responsible for the safety, employee engagement, productivity, quality and customer service associated with a multi-shift, 24/7 operation in East Central Illinois. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Operations Manager will have seven direct reports with over 550 hourly employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure production aligns with the requirements of sales, quality and customer service.
- Understand product requirements then establish manufacturing standards, methods, policies and procedures and manpower levels to meet those requirements.
- Organize the plant’s operations function to achieve business results, assigning responsibilities as necessary.
- Utilize data to understand trends and make changes prior to issues.
- Engage with the workforce and coach and develop managers.
- Be responsible for making sure his/her team is focused on key performance indicators (Safety, Quality and Productivity).
- B.S. Degree - Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- 15-20 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 5 years in a senior leadership position.
- Six Sigma Certified.
- The person placed in this role must be willing to relocate. This is considered a development role for a plant manager position.