This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Assistant Teachers/Facilitators provide a quality experience for children and parents that focuses on building achievement and belonging in youth and fostering relationships within families.
**Child Care Benefits**
50% off child care for ELC Staff
- Assists classroom teacher to implement curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Nurtures children through purposeful programming dedicated to building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
- Supervises children, classroom, and all activities including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Follows all procedures and standards.
- Cultivates positive relationships, participates as needed in parent conferences, and maintains effective communication with parents. Engages parents as volunteers and connects them to the YMCA.
- Maintains a clean and safe program site and equipment.
- Maintains required program records.
- Supports fundraising efforts, attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Communication & Influence
- Meets educational and experience qualifications established by state licensing regulations
- At least 16 years of age
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred
- Ability to implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate
- Complete before first shift: YMCA cause & culture training; curriculum training
- Complete within 30 days of hire: Child Abuse Prevention Training; BLS CPR; First Aid; Emergency Oxygen Administration (provided by YMCA)
- Ability to relate effectively to and develop meaningful relationships with diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community, including ADA compliance. Successful clearance of background check require
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Classroom/recreational environment. Intermittent sitting, standing, walking and playing with children at their level are required.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program.
- Hours will include evening and/or weekend work.
- Reliable transportation and travel among local branches and off-site facilities may be required.
The YMCA of Greater Omaha is an Equal Opportunity Employer.