HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion – all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Responsible for conducting research, design, development, and delivery of training courses, job aids and reference manuals to meet the developmental objectives of targeted audiences.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Delivers classroom training materials in a professional manner. Facilitates all individual and group training sessions.
- Researches training curricula to support current training platforms designed to support program goals and objectives.
- Conducts pre- and post-training session analysis to determine overall effectiveness of session.
- Tracks, assesses, evaluates and measures effectiveness of all training delivered.
- Monitors team feedback to ensure incorporation of feedback into training programs to maximize ROI.
- Conducts, organizes and supports new hire orientation and foundational training courses.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors, such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
- Comfortable facilitating in front of large groups and audiences including executive level
- Lead training for multiple areas of the business
- Experience in sales or operations industries
- Experience designing learning curriculum for all levels of the business
- Comfortable with ambiguity and being a creative problem solver
- External certifications, examples: Situational Leadership (SL II) or other Ken Blanchard content, DDI, etc.
- Experience with measurement and evaluation of learning programs nice to have
- MUST be willing to travel nationally