The Allen College Master of Science Program in Occupational Therapy is currently seeking to hire an occupational therapy practitioner to serve as an adjunct lab assistant for the 2020 spring semester in the Patient Care Skills course. Lab assistants support lead faculty in facilitating course activities in classrooms and the surrounding community. Lab assistants are supervised by the lead faculty and/or Program Director/Chair or Dean.
In compliance with the Clery Act, Allen College publishes an Annual Security report containing three previous years of crime statistics, institutional policies concerning campus safety, and a fire safety report. The report is available at https://www.allencollege.edu/filesimages/Current%20Students/Allen%20College%20-%202019%20Annual%20Security%20Report.pdf. A paper copy is available upon request.
- Collaborate with and provide support to lead instructor in the course.
- Promote and maintain collaborative relationships between college and clinical agencies.
- Teaching: (with direction and guidance of lead instructor) Assist with classroom preparation, instruction, supervision and evaluation.
- Set-up and take-down of lab equipment and supplies.
- Demonstration of lab activities.
- Contribute to testing and evaluation of student performance.
- Present course information materials as requested by the lead instructor.
- Provide a positive role model and professional attitude toward students and the teaching process.
- Maintain safety and confidentiality in accord with college/program policy
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy from a regionally accredited institution of higher education. A master’s or higher degree in occupational therapy from a regionally accredited institution is preferred.
- Licensed as an occupational therapist in the state of Iowa.
- Prior teaching experience in occupational therapy is preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of the equivalence of six months of full-time clinical experience in occupational therapy is required. Three years of clinical experience in occupational therapy is preferred.
- Current clinical skills and demonstrated competency in practice.
- Ability to practice in an ethical manner, according to licensure expectations.
- Ability to follow all expectations of safety and confidentiality.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the College and to Allen College’s core values to foster unity, own the moment, champion excellence and seize opportunities.
- Valid driver’s license in Iowa and means of transportation.