The Security Engineer II’s responsibilities include security system deployments, configuration, monitoring and reporting. The Security Engineer II will monitor corporate computer networks for security issues, install security software, and document any security issues or breaches you find. He/she works inter-departmentally to identify and correct flaws in the company’s security systems, solutions, and programs while recommending specific measures that can improve the company’s overall security posture. To do well in this role you should have a bachelor's degree in computer science and experience in the information security field.
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Keeps current on security risks and trends
- Identifies possible risk points and recommends solutions
- Manages the corporate Endpoint Detection and Response soltuion
- Hands on skills & experience doing ethical hacking
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard
- Provide off-hours support on an infrequent, but as needed basis
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all team members
- Assist the development of security tool requirements, trials, and evaluations, as well as security operations procedures and processes.
- Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation and develop ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Recommends, deploys and operates forensics tools
- CISSP Certification or on the path to obtain Certification
- At Least 5 years of experience in IT Security.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data and make an informed, calculated risk decision
- Respect for confidential information
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off.
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.