The Host/Hostess performs guest service by greeting guests and seating all as promptly as possible. The Host/ Hostess always greet guests in a warm, hospitable manner and arrange seating in the most organized fashion. The Host/Hostess is always dressed properly and ready to seat guests at clean, properly prepared tables. A professional attitude and sincere hospitality toward all guests is required at all times.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs guest service by greeting guests and seating all as promptly as possible
- Always greets guests in a warm, hospitable manner and arranges seating in the most organized fashion
- Ensures that all available tables are clean and properly prepared
- Exhibits professional, sincere hospitality toward all guests at all time.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example
- Carefully monitors the operation of the stores and assists the manager in identifying and solving present and potential guest problems
- Follows Cracker Barrel Old Country Store operational policies and procedures, including safety and security, to ensure the safety of all employees and guests during each shift
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
. Delivering on this promise means monitoring public health issues that can impact our employees, including the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak.
To ensure the safety of everyone in our stores, we adhere to CDC guidelines and federal, state, and local regulations. Enhanced safety, cleaning and disinfection protocols are in place which include all employees wearing masks, using wipeable menus, and removing high-touch table items like salt & pepper shakers, condiments, and peg games. Additionally, managers at every store have been equipped with thermometers in order to perform daily wellness screens of all employees to ensure a safe environment for our team and guests.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards and cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Engage with and understand our guests, including discovering and responding to guest needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Comply with a dress code that prohibits displaying tattoos on face or throat.
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
- Read, write and comprehend the English language
- Stand for long periods of time
- Lift a maximum of 20 pounds overhead
- Work at a pace consistent with changing business volume and demands
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
NOTE: Racism, either overt or perpetuated through unconscious bias, has no place at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, and both our Mission and People Promise are firmly rooted in the principle of valuing what everyone brings to the table. Our employees work hard to ensure that our brand, which is grounded in genuine hospitality and nostalgia, represents only what is good about those things. While our décor and food may harken back to earlier times, our inclusive culture and beliefs about equality and diversity do not.