Are you looking to get into the manufacturing industry? I have the opportunity for you!
With a history of servicing elite companies for over 20 years, we provide top talent and have access to the best jobs in the marketplace. We are extremely excited to provide you with a world-class job search experience. Put your career in our hands. We are Aerotek Kentucky!Essential Functions
- Provides technical support by executing Plastics evaluations (failure analysis, material evaluation and characterization utilizing a variety of techniques and instrumentation).
- Provides technical support by executing Toxicity / restricted substances review process, scope and other regulatory aspects that may be pertinent to review.
- Provides technical support by executing Chemistry evaluations (failure analysis, material evaluation and characterization utilizing a variety of techniques and instrumentation).
- Interacting with customers to discuss background of requests, test plans, sample requirements, and interim results.
- Perform review of parts/sub-assemblies that are in scope to companies standards.
- Developing detailed analytical test reports including micrographs, calculations, spectra, etc.
- Calibrating and maintaining equipment in good working order and managing work queue to address requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain a safe and organized work area and follow all EHS policies.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
- BS in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering required, candidates with an advance degree will be considered
- Ability to operate sensitive analytical instrumentation (such as FTIR, DSC, TGA, XRF, Karl Fisher, etc.)
- Understanding of applications and basic chemical properties of plastics and metals and their typical additives.
- Understanding of various global regulations related to toxicity such as California Prop 65, RoHS and REACH
- Exposure to various Chromatography Techniques (GC and IC)
- Aptitude in scientific testing approach and principles, critical thinking skills to understand test requests and proper instrumentation to deploy, able to work autonomously with limited supervision.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills, exemplar communication skills when communicating with requestors from different levels within GEA.
- Knowledge of microscopy and wet chemistry techniques
- Demonstrated ownership of work and ability to multi-task with many projects occurring simultaneously
- Strong analytical, problem and process solving, and organizational skills, as the position requires interaction with multiple functions.
- Knowledge of proper safe handling/disposal of chemicals and ability to maintain a clean and safe work-space.
- Strong experience with computers, internet and measurement software
- Minimum of 1 Year experience