The IT Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of all technology related functions of the company. Ensures all systems and platforms work cohesively, operate within expected performance thresholds, and can adapt to changing business requirements. Partners and works with other team members to monitor, support, implement, and deliver procedures and improvements for technology, people, and processes. Drives continuous improvement efforts and stability in our IT processes and systems to reduce risk and increase efficiencies.
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, phones, printers, and software applications.
• Provide consistent helpdesk related support to end users on a variety of technical problems, including the repair of laptops, printers, phones, etc.
• Maintain and support software releases across system platforms and implement vendor software, hardware, and security patches using these platforms.
• Research, recommend and implement solutions to improve overall IT systems management and administration.
• Review and update Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans and agreements.
• Ensure that applications, servers and backup processes are effective, reliable, and efficient.
• Perform new hire desktop/laptop setup including Windows, phone setup, and other computer applications specific to each position.
• Maintain and track IT equipment, records, and software licensing.
• Aid or lead negotiating annual contracts with various technology vendors.
• Maintain and configure firewalls and other security tools.
• Communicate with management to implement, update, and manage network security service tools for network firewalls, VPN, and content control.
• Conduct network risk assessments, conduct network vulnerability scans, provide technical and encryption options for solutions.
• Coordinate office cubicle design and installation as needed.
• Manage all aspects of building security to include access to the building (key fobs), sever room security, and serve as first point of contact for all security alarms and systems.
• Coordinate with Warehouse Manager for security alarms related to electrical, fire and sprinkler systems.
• Write SQL commands and scripts as needed to support and enhance ERP/MIS system functionality
• Provide after-hours support for planned maintenance, perform on-call emergency support service and patching when required.
• Coordinate with management regarding financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
• Manage telecommunications infrastructure and development plans, serve as main point of contact for troubleshooting and issues, projects, policies and procedures.
• Coordinate efforts with third-party contractors as needed for various IT needs.
• Keep current with the latest technologies by reviewing professional publications, ensuring best practices and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
• Maintains high quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related preferred.
2. 3+ years of SQL command and scripting.
3. 3+ years of experience in a corporate IT administrator/help desk support role.
4. 3+ years of experience in VOIP / digital phone system.