Today you lead the classroom; tomorrow your children will lead the world.
If you are passionate about early childhood education and are looking to join a loving culture of educators and families, please apply to join our Prekindergarten Team. We are looking for an Assistant or Co-Lead Teacher in our Prekindergarten classrooms on both campus --- 3952 S. Ridge Road and 1801 N. Ridge Road, both in McKinney, Texas. Lead teachers are responsible for establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment. If you have experience in early childhood development and childcare and are looking for a new challenge, email us today. We are locally owned, onsite every day, and committed to supporting our teachers and administrators to deliver the best possible early childhood education environment for our families. We can help you achieve your goals in life and work. Consider applying to join our team today!
What we Offer at our McKinney Schools
Competitive pay ($12-15 / hour), flexible hours (if needed), and benefits that inlude complimentary Teladoc Health,16 days paid time-off annually after 90 days, tenure bonuses on your anniversary, and dinner-for-two on your birthday at a 4-star restaurant! We will partner with you to achieve a C.D.A. if you are looking for this career development track. We provide 16+ hours of paid Professional Development annually. We are a family-owned business that puts people first. Hospitality is our culture, and One Heart is our core value.
Why work for us?
We operate with a high degree of integrity and open, honest communications with families and staff. If you want to be part of a family, join our company. If you are student working through school, let's create a flex-schedule that works with your class load. We appreciate our people and re-invest in their career goals.
Lead Teacher Responsibilities
An assistant teacher will help a Lead Teacher with the following actions:
* Establish and maintain a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment
* Advance children's physical and intellectual competence
* Support each child's social and emotional development and provide positive guidance
* Establish positive and effective family relations
* Ensure an effective program, responsive to children's needs
* Maintain professional commitment
All candidates, who wish to be considered for the position of Lead Teacher must meet one or moreof the following criteria, in addition to any/all requirements that may be mandated by their state and/or local licensing authorities.
NOTE: A High School Diploma with childcare experience will be considered for an assistant teacher position, which can lead to a Lead Teacher position.
The following is our qualification list for a Lead or Co-lead position:
* A Bachelor's degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development.
* A Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field, including 18 semester hours of completed coursework related to young children birth to age 8.
* An Associate's degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development or a related field1.
* An Associate's degree or higher in a related field, including 18 semester hours of completed coursework related to young children birth to age 8.
* A current CDA or Early Childhood Teaching Credential.
* Proof of current and active enrollment in a CDA Credentialing Program.
* Proof of current and active enrollment in an accredited Associate's or Bachelor's degree program in Early Childhood Education or a related field.
RN or LPN with emphasis on the young child including at least one class in Child Development or Human Growth Development (For Infant, Toddler, Get Set only).
About The Goddard School
For nearly 30 years, The Goddard School has been a trusted name among parents and families. Its classrooms are safe, nurturing environments for children six weeks to six years, offering age-appropriate opportunities to explore and discover. From infants to toddlers, preschoolers to kindergarteners, highly trained teachers lead each child to reach developmental milestones, preparing the children for social and academic success.
Our F.L.EX.® Learning Program (Fun Learning Experience) is based on academic research that shows children experience the deepest, most genuine learning when they are having fun. Designed to provide a well-rounded experience and ensure children become confident, joyful and fully prepared students, our play-based curriculum offers enrichment programs such as chess, music, yoga, drama and foreign languages to meet the individual needs to each child.
General Qualifications: must meet the qualifications of state of Texas and those set forth in the National Standards for hiring (see www.bls.gov), including the following:
* Ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid
* Ability to see and read newsprint, with or without corrective lenses
* Ability to speak and be understood under normal circumstances
* Ability to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds
* Ability to use arms, hands, legs, and feet, with or without corrective devices; this includes the ability to evacuate the building during emergencies
* Ability to handle crisis situations, especially where children are involved
* Ability to respond immediately to emergency situations