Working under the direction of the Manager of Retail Compliance and Corporate Security, this person is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of all LivWell locations as well as supervising all security guard personnel employed by LivWell.
- Conduct security checks at the production facility and retail locations.
- Maintains physical access to all LivWell locations including prox card access, alarm access, and key access.
- Investigate incidents of theft, suspicious activity, etc. and provide detailed reports of all findings.
- Conduct remote video monitoring of all stores and production facilities.
- Conduct regular inspections of cultivation and retail facilities to detect signs of theft.
- Relocate, adjust, and maintain surveillance and alarm equipment as needed.
- Recruit, train and supervise security guards.
- Ensure all security personnel possess all applicable licenses.
- Develop and implement security policies, protocols and procedures.
- Control budgets for security operations and monitor expenses.
- Conduct Background Investigations of new employees to include a criminal history check and verify documentation.
- Conduct Safety and Security Training for all retail employees 2 to 3 times yearly.
- Conduct Safety and Security Training for all cultivation and production employees 1 to 2 times yearly.
- Conduct regular site visits to all locations in order to inspect and observe operations.
- Stay current with all laws, rules, and regulations as they pertain to the industry.
- Develop and manage projects, including defining project scope, resources and achieving deliverables on time and within budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works under the general supervision of the Manager of Retail Compliance and Corporate Security.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in the security field. Military experience
- Knowledge of the State of Colorado Marijuana laws, rules, and regulations.
- Strong interview and interrogation skills
- Ability to conduct regular security and personal safety training.
- Basic knowledge of security systems to include CCTV, alarms, etc.
- Demonstrated project management capabilities.
- Knowledge of various computer systems and applications.
- Must be able to secure appropriate work credentials from the Colorado Department of Labor Marijuana Enforcement Division.
- Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement, criminal justice, risk management, business preferred.
Proven success in the following job competencies:
- Critical Analysis
- Communication and Presentation
- Customer Focus and Relationship Building
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Information and Technology Proficiency
- Technical Industry and/or Profession Expertise
- Able to use a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to move about a typical office, manufacturing, or retail environment
- Able to perform general office managerial and administrative activities.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Regular and on-time attendance.
- Hours regularly exceed 40 hours per week.
- Occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required.
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.