# Principal Responsibilities:
The Assistant Early Preschool teacher, working with 2-3 year olds, will collaborate with co-teacher to provide a stimulating learning environment.The Early Preschool classroom utilizes a play-based and project learning approach in creating and implementing activities that promote constructive learning.****
**ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:**
* Maintains an orderly and safe classroom environment.
* Provide active leadership
* Actively participates in all activities with children.
* Communicates with lead teacher and/or parents at the beginning and end of the day.
* Assists with activity planning and preparation of materials and supplies for daily use.
* Any additional duties as assigned by management.****
* Knowledge of project approach learning
* Creative and Energetic
* Positive Attitude
* Knowledge of child development and/or early childhood education.
* Knowledge of general safety rules and basic first aid.
* Ability to interact with children and remain calm.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively in teams and individually.
* Ability to exhibit good judgment, maturity and stability.
# Minimum Qualifications:
* CDA certification;
* Associate's degree in Early Childhood Education or;
* Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 6 credit hours of Child Development or equivalence is required;
* Minimum of 2 years of childcare experience required.
# Agency Information:
The sounds of laughter echoing in the hallway; a baby taking their first steps; teachers collaborating creatively on their lesson plans; easing the mind of a parent who's dropping off their infant for the first time; If being in a place that is filled with excitement, compassion, and working with a strong-team of educators is something you strive for then the JCC is the place to be!
The JCC is currently hiring dedicated Early Childhood Educators for full and part-time openings in their licensed, Paths to Quality Level 3 childcare center.Our Early Childhood Educators facilitate children's learning through implementation of unique lesson plans applying the Early Learning Foundations, integrate the interest of the children into activities and projects, and utilize the environment as a third teacher.Our school focuses on developing social, emotional, physical, and cognitive skills for life so that each child in our program will be well prepared socially and academically for the years ahead.The ECE prides itself on being a second home to the children and families they serve, and a community of learners of ECE professionals.
As a teacher at the JCC, you become a part of 100 years of serving the Indianapolis community through recreational, social, and educational programming.Extend your classroom environment by taking advantage of our 40-acre campus that includes several courtyards, woods, nature trails, and art gallery as well as inter-generational programming with the residents of Hooverwood.The ECE program provides a specialty curriculum in swimming that takes place in our indoor therapy pool and outside waterpark during the summer months.The JCC embodies a holistic approach of wellness- optimal healthy living for the mind, body and spirit not only for our members, but for the staff who serve the children and families of the Early Childhood Education program.
*Date Posted:* 01/29/2020
*Title:* Early Childhood Educators - Preschool
*JCC:* Arthur M. Glick JCC of Indianapolis
*Location:* Indianapolis, IN