The Goddard School is looking for an assistant teacher and floaters for our classrooms. Part time and full time positions available. Starting pay, depending on experience, $10-$12/hour.
An Assistant Teacher at The Goddard School is responsible for establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment. Additionally the Assistant Teacher is responsible to work together with the Lead Teacher and in conjunction with the entire faculty.
An Assistant Teacher must meet the qualifications of his/her state and those set forth in the National Standards for hiring including the following:
* Ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid
* Ability to see and read newsprint, with or without corrective lenses
* Ability to speak and be understood under normal circumstances
* Ability to use arms, hands, legs, and feet, with or without corrective devices; this includes the ability to evacuate the building during emergencies
* Ability to handle crisis situations, especially where children are involved
* Ability to respond immediately to emergency situations
All candidates, who wish to be considered for the position of an Assistant Teacher must meet one or more of the following criteria, in addition to any/all requirements that may be mandated by their state and/or local licensing authorities:
* High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Assistant Lead Teacher Responsibilities
An Assistant Teacher's responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Establish and maintain a safe, healthy and nurturing learning environment.
* Ensure that classroom equipment is in good repair
* Understand and implement The Goddard School® emergency procedure(s)
* Promote healthy eating practices at lunch and snack times
* Ensure that children are always within state ratio requirements
* Perform nominal cleaning responsibilities (eg, spills) immediately
* Perform major cleaning during times when children are not present
Establish positive and effective family relations
* Communicate, in a professional manner, with families and faculty
* Encourage families to become an integral part of their children's learning experience
Maintain professional commitment
* Promote GSI philosophy and educational objectives
* Support a code of ethical conduct
* Pursue professional development/continuing education
* Attend faculty meetings, in-service days, conferences and professional growth opportunities
Benefits include PTO, Paid Holiday, Health, Dental and Vision after 90 days. Serious inquiries only.