The Controller Advisor, is a 2 to 3 month temporary position located in the Oklahoma City facility, and is responsible for partnering with the Accounting Manager and Ops Director to drive actions aligned with the overall Business Function and Corporate vision. The qualified incumbent is responsible for assisting the Accounting Manager with managing and directing the site’s financial operations and must own the monthly POR and HFM loads, weekly flash updates, and ad-hoc reporting and analysis in the newest Accounting Department structure for OKC site.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Controller Advisor will assist the Accounting Manager with the following:
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Prepares, examines, analyzes accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Plans, coordinates all cost accounting and financial reporting functions, and is a senior member of the local management team.
- Performing analysis to understand manufacturing standard cost variances, product profitability, inventory valuation, capital investment opportunities and other efficiency programs. Supervise and assist with AR, AP, fixed assets, standard costing, and monthly closing processes
- Headcount tracking and reporting, as well as, compiling and analyzing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to forecast income and expenses. Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Safeguard assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls; actively participate in continuous improvement and corrective action activities to improve controls and reduce operating costs. Responsible for the execution of both internal and external audits at plant level, P&L, and internal controls
- Stay on top of all local taxes and statutory requirements to ensure they have been paid in a timely manner. Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements; enforces adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions
- Supervise the monthly physical stock take exercise and ensure that all physical stocks are accurately counted, properly valued, and that any obsolete stock is written-off according to Emerson’s process and procedures