Billing Manager - Home Care
Las Vegas, Nevada
Las Vegas is the largest city in Nevada. Known for its vibrant nightlife with casinos, hotels and resorts- there are also many great neighborhoods that are family-friendly. With beautiful parks, museums and shopping, residents can also enjoy the great outdoors at nearby state and national parks. With a low unemployment rate, Las Vegas is a great place for talented healthcare professionals to live. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Las Vegas job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
Our client is a leading Home Care agency in the area. They are seeking a Billing Manager who will be responsible for ensuring accurate reimbursement for all services through the management of the reimbursement billing team. As the billing manager you will also be overseeing underpayment and denial management, developing and maintaining departmental policies and procedures in accordance with organizational and insurance industry standards.
Billing Manager - Home Care Summary:
Billing Manager - Home Care Qualifications:
- Provides leadership to the revenue cycle team members by ensuring efficient and effective daily workflow.
- Communicates daily with insurance carriers, patients, office staff, and other third parties to collect outstanding balances due, resolve disputes, denials and general nonpayment issues.
- Oversees initial orientation and manages ongoing productivity, competencies and productivity of team.
- Provides experience and expertise in payer policies and protocol.
- Educates/trains team to ensure a high level of organizational competency.
- Develops and manages ongoing review of department processes, procedures, and workflows and identify opportunities for improvement based on organizational and industry standards.
- Resolves outstanding balances with payers before writing off to bad debt, transferring to the next payer level or patient responsibility.
- Reviews and approves accounts for collection agency placement and patient and insurance refunds.
- 3 or more years of experience in home care billing
- Associates or Bachelors degree in a related field preferred, or comparable level of experience or education/experience
- 2 or more years of demonstrated leadership, supervisory, or management experience is preferred
- Experience in working both reimbursement and front office preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Word and other Office program