Oasis Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Lead, Army Tactical Network Specialist located at Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Aberdeen, MD with strong knowledge of Army Mission Command applications and Tactical Communications systems supporting mission critical programs within PEO C3T.
LOCATION: Aberdeen, MD
JOB STATUS: Full Time (contingent on contract award)
TRAVEL: Up to 25% of the time
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Experience, coursework or skill is required in three (3) or more of the following areas:
- Knowledge of TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) network and network architectures
- Knowledge of standard networking protocol for transport (including Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)), routing, and network services such as DNS (Domain Name Server), SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol), NTP/PTP (Network Time Protocol/Precision Time Protocol), etc.
- Current knowledge of wireless and SATCOM network; within 3-5 years
- Experience with Firewalls, VPNs (Virtual Private Network), IDS (Intrusion Detection System), HAIPEs (High Assurance Internet Protocol Encryptor), and other network security technologies
- Experience with cloud technologies, data center networks, Software Defined Networking (SDN), and/or Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Experience with Network modeling and simulation tools such as OPNET/Riverbed Modeler and Exata
- Current hands-on experience with the configuration of commercial IP routers, ethernet switches, and other standard networking equipment
- Experience with the use of tools for network performance testing, management and troubleshooting (e.g. Wireshark)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Active Secret
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science
- Required - None
- Desired - Cisco CCNA, COMPTIA Security +, CISSP
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Senior/Lead
- Three (3) years’ experience in Microsoft.
- Expertise in the following:
- DoD, US Navy and USMC network architectures and technologies
- Experience in experimentation, prototyping, and piloting
- Robust communication solutions for stressed environment
- Experience in assessing customers needs, identifying and proposing viable technical solutions
- SME supporting communication systems to include but not limited to Joint Network Node (JNN), Satellite Transportable Terminal (STT), Regional Hub Node (RHN), Soldier Network Extension (SNE), and Tactical Communications Node (TCN). The candidate will coordinate with partner organizations to identify network initialization requirements to ensure optimal functionality and work as part of the Network Engineering team to design, test, and implement changes to the network architecture baseline. This position will work across the Program Managers that deliver systems which include a routing or switch systems to help integrate systems and design system architectures in support of an Integrated Tactical Network.
Who We Are
Oasis Systems is a premier provider of customer-driven, cost-effective and quality Engineering Services; Enterprise Systems and Applications; Human Factors Engineering; Information Technology and Cyber Security; Professional Services; and Specialized Engineering Solutions to the Department of Defense, FAA, NRC and other federal agencies.
We strive to be an exciting and welcoming company that attracts, develops, motivates and retains the most talented, skilled and dedicated people in the industry; where they are encouraged to achieve personal excellence, purpose, and their full potential and career aspirations; while supporting mission-critical national security technologies and programs.
Oasis Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the job available